BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Ken and I and friends got out in the Lagoon in an effort to catch his daughter some trophy Reds, and that's just what happened. All fish were caught on crabs, circle hooks. Gotta love putting loved ones on some trophy fish, a day she will never forget for sure

When my Daddy let me, ...............drive

Hooked Up

Priceless Moment

Take Care All

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Seems you sure made the right move to Heaven for fishermen ehh Doc?
Nice bull for sure. How big is that flats skiff with the 90? Saw a program the other day and they were using that new Ranger super skinny water skiff with a 50 in ML. It was pretty sharp and ran in 5 1/2"es if I'm not mistaken. :eek: You can never have too many boats down there(or here for that matter)for all the different fishing applications available.

Hey is there still good fishing in the dog days of summer down there or is it too stinkin'hot? I know boca Grande in June is THE place to be. Are snook good all summer? Reds too? I'm an inshore lover. I usually get down for a couple of weeks each winter between January and April near Tarpon Springs. I have family in that area and fish with my cousin on the flats primarily for trout etc. I love catching those big marauding jacks even though they are trash fish to you guys. I still remeber the giant jack crevalle I caught on a tarpon trip in Marathon. It was about 30 lbs of trash fish. Sumbeech sure fought though! All those elitist bone/permit fly guys on the flats and here I come with a big spinner and a pinfish on a 7/0. He he he.... You just can't take Jersey outta the boy. :D

Congrats on livin' the life down there bud! ;)

[ 05-26-2006, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by finaddict5

How big is that flats skiff with the 90? Saw a program the other day and they were using that new Ranger super skinny water skiff with a 50 in ML. It was pretty sharp and ran in 5 1/2"es if I'm not mistaken. :eek: You can never have too many boats down there(or here for that matter)for all the different fishing applications available.

The boat is 17 ft. It's the Seadek sponsor boat. Same one you see in all the Seadek ads.Runs real skinny, about 6-8 inches on full plane.

Summer is without quetion the BEST time. Tarpon, trout and bull reds in the back. Best snook time for us is June through October as well. Mahi and tuna bite all summer, just need to go deeper, about 35 miles. Bottom action in 80 ft(12 miles) is solid through July. Then need to fish 100ft plus (18 miles) for good action. African Pompano are just starting to hit top water plugs in the surf, gonna try that tonight actually, then heading to deep blue water on Sunday.

Actually on the beach our temps almost never exceed 90 degrees. The heat doesn't bother me, night fishing is pleasant, always seems to be a breeze on the water. Thing I really love is the warm surf temp real early. We are and have been 75-80 since April. NJ surf is not swimable till July or later, and even then a west wind can make it REAL cold

Take Care

[ 05-26-2006, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
897 Posts
Congrats.to your buddy's daughter.That is a really nice fish.Must have been a blast in that skinny water.Fished that area once(not great conditons that day)really enjoyed the area.I will be back again.
Enjoyed your posts when you up here also.
Met your brother in law when they brought a horse to our place for my wife to do some work on.
Got me wanting to to get down this summer,didn't know that was such a good time.I plan on making the move there
in the next few years,guess I have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but where is Mosquito Lagoon? I'll be retiring in a couple years and I'm looking for good fishing year round.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by B4LORAN:
Congrats.to your buddy's daughter.That is a really nice fish.Must have been a blast in that skinny water.Fished that area once(not great conditons that day)really enjoyed the area.I will be back again.
Enjoyed your posts when you up here also.
Met your brother in law when they brought a horse to our place for my wife to do some work on.
Got me wanting to to get down this summer,didn't know that was such a good time.I plan on making the move there
in the next few years,guess I have a lot to learn.
Tom told me you met, thanks

Come on down , we will catch you some fish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.