BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fluke I have been catching are spitting up shrimp that is 3-4 " long.
They seem to be a little brown,Usually the fluke and blues are spitting up grass shrimp which is musch smaller
anyone else experiencing this ?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Willie....I had them shrimp all over the bottom of my boat from them flatty's spitting them up!!!Next time i think i'm gonna try and throw one on my rig and try it!!Looks like they haven't been down in thier gut for long,they still look fresh!!Wish i knew how to scoop them suckers,they would probaly be a killer bait!!! :D ...I never seen a school of shrimp,so i don't know how to go about getting them!!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I had a blue w/ a big odd looking shrimp in it the other day. I thought it was one of those mantis shrimp but I am not sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow that story is beyond nasty but i have also had flatties spitt up mud shrimp i have no clue if you can catch them though i would like to find out!

·
Registered
174 Posts
BW, it's a long shot but is it possible these are fish coming in off the ocean? As far as I can recollect, the most common shrimp thrown up by many species in our bays is the grass shrimp..

·
Registered
489 Posts
New one on me Willie... The trout I caught had just two grass shrimp in it's belly... Maybe I'll pull out my Florida box and try some DOA's, I definately have some rootbeer colored ones

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah im going to see if i can't find something to represent these mud shrimp ill let you guys know if i find something productive!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
XPress--you could be right on the money as these fish were clean no mud. I didn't think of that possibility.
They were relatively fresh however and I was quite a ways from the inlet but it was an icoming tide.
Ramblin--tried the DOA without much success right after seeing the shrimp

·
Registered
91 Posts
My boat is docked at Cedar cove marina in Tuckerton creek which is about one mile from the bay. We catch mud shrimp in our minnow trap along with some huge minnows. The problem is during the week the big minnows fed on the shrimp. Have to find a way to catch the shrimp separate from the minnows.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Originally posted by jrisapirate:
That story about the lobster is gross but good.

what else do you think she put up there?
Street cones, baseball bats, all the left socks and sunglasses I can't find.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts