These fish are unbelievable, just could not stop'em

I still miss the striper though :D

[ 08-23-2005, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by aimless:
It just keeps getting better and better doesn't it? Great fish. Can't wait to get down there next month again with Jack. :D
I will tell ya Dan. I do miss the striper, but do I love the snook as well. As you know this is just one bad-azz fish. WAY more elusive than the striper, and WAY more tough to catch. This fish does not stop until you land it. Hook to land ratio is like 1:4 arouond structure.

Gotta love it

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Glad you're geting into them good. We fish for them in the mangroves mostly so I know what you mean about the landing ratio. I should buy stock in a hook and flourocarbon company. :eek:

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you're geting into them good. We fish for them in the mangroves mostly so I know what you mean about the landing ratio. I should buy stock in a hook and flourocarbon company. :eek:
Yeah, they pretty much have their way with 60.

I switched back to a Shimano 6500 with 50 braid and 60 Flouro, I was bending and breaking hooks with the offshore bottom fishing rig: 6/0 Penn Senator with 80 pound braid and 100 pound flouro

The game is pretty much yank 'em out if ya can and then hope for the best. Have found a nice flex in the rod works well. Some of these fish ya just can't stop , Dan. As Kenny says , guy in the pic , if there are 40 plus pounders there, you won;t catch'em :mad:

Tell Jack I said , Hi
:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
that is a great looking snook, havent landed one in a few years, i seem to constantly loose em in the mangroves and such!!! def. one of the tougher small gamefish to land

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Florida record is 44 lbs 3 oz. IGFA record is 53 lbs 10 oz. Caught in the Prismina river in Costa Rica. It'd be nice to run into one of them out in the open.
Dan

Got anything official(website) on that. Guy down here tells me the state record is 50+

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dan

Got it, you be all sorts of right.

Think that state record might be doable :D

[ 09-02-2005, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, Dan that is up to date

You are correct Sir

I am fishing with a guy who landed 2 fish over 50 pounds

I think that State record could be broken soon

I have booked 2 trips for the Fall run

See ya soon

Ron

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.