BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and guess who made a candy delivery to it...and got dinner to boot. Never thought I'd be eatin' filet on the bay.
Boat belongs to brother's best friend who has it here for OC high class reunion. Words can't decribe the sea of gelcoat and stainless steel and flatpanel screens that make that boat up. built in Caymans by a company called Christanson. Has 10,000 gal fuel tank and they have on board centifuge filter thingie that cleans fuel again before it reaches the twin 1400 hp Detroit engines. Has a full time crew of 9...Aussies. New Zealanders, a South African and some Frenchies with an American captain. They have a water maker that can make 4000 galoons a day. They put water softener in wash down water so there are no spots on boat....anywhere.
They have a depth finder that will find and track fish. they don't use it for that. in fact....there is hardly any fishing gear on board. Engineer has a couple rods but no tackle so I offered to drop off a care package of jig heads and finesse to 20,000,000 yacht. They can light the whole stern up underwater so I told him to fish in the middle of the night with lights on. The enginner was happy with the prospect of catching fish and I just thought it funny that with all this stuff...you need about 10 bucks worth of stuff to catch fish.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Sounds like an awesome Ship!!!Where is it docked at in OC???...I might have to do a drive by and check it out!!!!.....Thanx

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
So, let's see 10'000 gals @ 2.12 a gal.
You say to the dock hand, "Fillerup," and never even blink? :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
150 ft. Coast guard?? They have a "tender" grey coast guard type vessel W/ 4 stoke with a cover on the engine that ferrys people to and from shore. IF IT IS THE COAST GUARD PROTECTING THIS BOAT....MY GUESS IS THAT SOMEONE HIT IT ALREADY. Remember that scene in Mutiny On Bounty when the Bounty pulls up and all the curious natives come swarming out to see strange new boat. It's Memorial Day......and our natives are drunk.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If it is the boat I am thinking of it is South of the OC/LONGPORT Bridge, morred just off of the channel.

That thing is HUGE!!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shore party came for more candy yesterday. sent a bag w/ pink, silver finesse, handful of jigheads, few storms and some florocarbon to the Engineer. Coast guard was just taking turns checking the boat's papers so they could see what it looked like inside.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're too dirty. The crew is clean shaven and spiffy. I think they got one guy who just wipes up after the seagulls when they hit the spotless gelcoat. Great work if you can get it. Bossman ain't on boat the whole time.
Gypsies in the palace?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mystic left today for US Open. Then to Lake Ontario for the Summer. After that...winter in the Mediterrian.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
candyman...hopefully you are stowed away with 12 pounds of fudge and hiding out until you hit the mediterranean - next time give me a warning, i'll bring some water and tackle. Somehow we would make it roughing it on that boat. ps. write back at night when no one is awake to hear the clicking of your laptop keys. Enjoy the trip !

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah....I gotta work. If I were 25 years younger I'd be figuring out a way to get a job on one of those boats. They told me that if boat was registered in US that it would have to have US crew. The Company that built this boat is now building Tiger Woods a boat.

Freddie was tops in his class. Graduated OC and never looked back.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Candyman, Thanks for the inside scoop. You must make some tasty treats. I bet one of those flat panels was hiding the live coral reef.
That is one big boat and the crew might be foreign but that big daddy was built in the USA. I googled up this info.

97. MYSTIC ? L: 150'0" Y: 2003
A huge fishtank takes center stage in the saloon of this new launch. Six kinds of marble and three kinds of granite combine with semigloss cherrywood paneling to add to Mystic?s luxurious look and feel. B: Christensen Shipyards, USA; N: Builder; H: Fiberglass; E: 2/1,826-hp MTUs

They got some pics and info at this site I bet the Coasties were checking out the boat because it is built to UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Large Yacht Code . Automatic fire doors and watertight bulkheads and other kinds of high tech safety features.

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/megayachts/0104christensen/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts