BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me see, if I can shake your memory loose. Do you remember:
1. Five Fathom Light Ship when it was a ship.
2. Navigating home to Cape May Inlet using the Admiral Hotel.
3. Radio Directional finders.
4. Hereford's Inlet when it was hairy, but still marked.
5. Sportland Pool & Aqua Circus.
6. The We Two lnn in Anglesea
7. Cozy Morley's
8. The Red Garter
9. The Gorilla on Surfside Pier.

And finally since you asked what make boat the boat is in my signature-
its this one all redone! Now do you remember? :D

·
Registered
49,944 Posts
let me see, if i can shake your memory loose. Do you remember:
1. Five fathom light ship when it was a ship.
2. Navigating home to cape may inlet using the admiral hotel.
3. Radio directional finders.
4. Hereford's inlet when it was hairy, but still marked.
5. Sportland pool & aqua circus.
6. The we two lnn in anglesea
7. Cozy morley's
8. The red garter
9. The gorilla on surfside pier.

And finally since you asked what make boat the boat is in my signature-
its this one all redone! Now do you remember? :d
remember 5 fathom--delaware very well and when offshore with no radar or loran and using the rdf those two lightships would give us the course home. With the 36 egg harbor we would run to one of the ships at about 18k's then run another 1 or 1 1/2 hours then troll--you always had a decent idea where you were but had no look at structure or depth the flasher was useless out there. Would leave at first light and return by about 7pm.

The admiral was almost always the first thing you would see.wcmc in bad weather on the rdf was a big help also.

As stated above the rdf was king.

Herford we would use when we were in the west wildwood canal on the way out under certain conditions,
rarely used it comming in. That was in the 50's in a 25 roundstern richardson and a 29 pacemaker in 61 got the 36 egg
and moved it to shawcrest.

Was at sportland about twice a month--could never figure out why there were so many marbles in barrells on the floor under the pool. Was told a few years ago they were for the marbles tourney held there each year. I guess it's true it makes sense?

We two in rings a bell but can't say i was there.

Married in 64 at 21 and was in cozy's a few times after that.
In the early 60's spent a lot of times in grande's on rio grand ave with dick shaw.

Never in the red garter.

The gorilla i think i remember

had a great time growing up in the 50's 60's and then till the present time as an adult. I realy love wildwood and all the people i have met their over the years except fred(fu)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't that boat in the Old Wildwood Yacht Basin? I remeber most & pops was cozies older brother. ;):D They tortured us when we were young seeing him. :D
Your pop remembers the boat. Wildwood is the transom as my grandfather & grandmother had a house in North Wildwood. The boat was always a Cape May boat back in the day.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great Fritz (Rybovich right?), enjoyed the article very much in the BGFJ!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Capt Rob
Thanks for the compliments on the article.

You could not ask for nicer guys to work with than Captain Len and Ken at the BGFJ and it was an honor to get published in what I would consider the best sportfishing periodical. :bow::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the article.

You could not ask for nicer guys to work with than Captain Len and Ken at the BGFJ and it was an honor to get published in what I would consider the best sportfishing periodical. :bow::thumbsup:
I agree love the Mag, you guys have done a GREAT job on the boat, BEAUTIFUL...is all that can be said. In case you didn't know, I fished with you and Sean H. on your Hatt, my wife is Rain she works for Sean and Jack at HLJ. Remember one of Sean's customer's sons came with us and got SICK as a DOG. :eek::eek:

I am right next to you in Cape May at Snug Harbour. Hope to see you and that Wonderful restoration this summer!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Capt Rob

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wasn't running boats back in the day of Cozey's or the Red Garter but I believe I remember where those places were in N. Wildwood. Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Cozey's previously located where Keenan's Irish Pub currently stands? I remember when Cozey use to do standup at Palumbos in South Philly and ask you to visit his club in Wildwood. Saw him a few times there at the annual dinner for the Police & Fire Credit Union as my dad was a fireman. I remember going to his club in Wildwood once and there was a statue of Cozy outside the place.

I remember going to the Red Garter 30 years ago. It was a club on the main drag into N. Wildwood near Zaberers Restaurant. That's another mind jogger - anyone remember the old Zaberer's?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasn't running boats back in the day of Cozey's or the Red Garter but I believe I remember where those places were in N. Wildwood. Please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Cozey's previously located where Keenan's Irish Pub currently stands? I remember when Cozey use to do standup at Palumbos in South Philly and ask you to visit his club in Wildwood. Saw him a few times there at the annual dinner for the Police & Fire Credit Union as my dad was a fireman. I remember going to his club in Wildwood once and there was a statue of Cozy outside the place.

I remember going to the Red Garter 30 years ago. It was a club on the main drag into N. Wildwood near Zaberers Restaurant. That's another mind jogger - anyone remember the old Zaberer's?
Ed Zaberer- The Host of The Coast!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I remember as a kid steaming back from summer shoal flukin or the oyster beds for those huge tiderunner weakfish that use to run thru in the summer, we had a 21 outrage bw (old school). My job was to keep an eye out on the horizon searching for the target which was the admiral. I was like 8 years old holding on for dear life hoping we were traveling in the right direction, and once i saw the landmark felt much better.

beautiful job on the restoration and congrats on the reunion. Did you have to change out alot of the old planks or did u glass over??? Good luck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i remember it well. What is the bottom boat in the picture that is either new or being redone??
BIGGEST
Did you live in w wildwood ? than you would remember Georges Dock on Glennwood & the bridge,OBBYS PLACE beside SPRAY DOCK,AND THE PLACE WAY IN THE BACK I THINK IT WAS CALLED BRADLEYS ?
That would explain the new w wildwood bridge ,Chunking did say you went over the old one, one to many times.
Sorry I don't really know you I'M just trying to get Chunking into this. I would have thought CHUNKING WOUD HAVE BEEN ON THIS POST BY NOW,WITH YOUR NAME ON IT ...You two guys are the best
Thank for the entertainment thrugh out the winter

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.