BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in catching some trout in Birch Grove this weekend, but I've never tried it. Is it worth getting a trout stamp and giving it a shot or will they all be gone after a week???? Thanks....any tips would be appreciated also! Tight Lines!

·
Registered
33 Posts
:thumbsup:Those stock trout will be there for a while. There will be some nice ones stocked this year 15-18" also. Power bait works great, also meal worms and worms. You can always throw a spinner also. They winter stocked also last year and some of them will still be hungry too. Good Luck !!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hate to say it but every year opening day is a bust for most. First they don't stop people from fishing and people fishing for the trout before opening day. I've been going here 25 years and its always the same thing. Last year a group of teenagers told me they were fishing here at night and caught so many trout the days before. You also have to share the trout with birds of prey:). Trout are there and some are caught opening day I seen 7 or 8 last year and the year before about 16.
A great tip I learned from a man in his 70's two years ago use grass shrimp. He caught 2 on them while i was there and I had to ask the big question we never like to ask. What are you using?
I also found this info out and has changed from all the other years.
Date: 7am to noon on Saturday, April 05, 2014
Opening day FREE fishing tournament! Lots of Prizes! Ages 5-15. No fishing license required.

Registration 7am-8am; Mandatory fishing class runs 8am-9am, and fishing time is 9am-11am only. Awards and prizes from 11am-Noon. Classes include DARE program, safety procedures, knot tying, rig making and more. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times. Bring a fishing rod if you have one. Sponsored by Birch Grove Park and the Association of Suft Angling Clubs and Volunteers
For more information contact: George Foreman at 267-716-0970 or email

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
packed with kids opening day, Last year I called the local cops to chase out some teens fishing and keeping Trout pre season, There are some nice fish in the ponds there but its to much like a play ground for me...If you have kids it is a great place to take them, they can take a break and play when they get bored ,then go back to fishing.. that's what I think of Birch Grove

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

1 - 5 of 5 Posts