BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About one month ago me and a buddy of mine were surfing in ocean city when about a 4 or 5 foot blacktip swam by us it scared me a little but we both didnt move cuz it was swimming away from us as we saw it...we both did research and found out that it was a blacktip, i was on the longport bridge on monday and caught about a 2 foot baby blacktip shark...they are not native of here and i thought that it was odd how the warmer temperatures are causing unusual fish to show up in our waters...also i was cast netting and in one of my casts got a 7 inch cuda with some nasty teeth and a 9 inch jack cravelle with a whole lotta peanuts...maybe we are going tropical with all this warmer water...lol
mike

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
I don't think that they are black tips that you are seeing and catching. They look like a black tip due to the black patch on the tips of there fins. Chances are extremely good that they are DUSKYS they also have a black mark on there fins that could the easily confused with a black tip.They are along the beaches eating bunker and croakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.