BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cooked dinner for myself and a few of the ladies here at school tonight .... had hogfish fillets that I didn't cut the ribs off of so I figures why not blacken them up. Fired up a pan got some butter going and pressed the ribs down with a spaatula. Holy smoke they were good.... don't discard your ribs from fillets, save them if there's enough meat on them and try this out.....the meat will peel right off the bones when its cooked, quite tasty:yahooo::cheers:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Cooked dinner for myself and a few of the ladies here at school tonight .... ............

THANK YOU!!!!! It's about damn time! :cheers:

Now how about some pics? :D

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no pix :D :D

·
Banned
874 Posts
Only in the United States do waste fish by just eating the fillets. We would be considered uncivilized savages if we were to pick bones out of our fish.

I like all my fish fried with the bones. You get different textures with each part of the fish.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Still can't get over the fact that you wasted all that lobster on the boys.......... :naughty:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still can't get over the fact that you wasted all that lobster on the boys.......... :naughty:

Dont be jealous joey.... your just mad i didnt express mail a few tails your way :razz:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell you what, since Im coming back to NJ this summer Ill try and stock the freezer with a few and save some for ya before the seasons over.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Cooked dinner for myself and a few of the ladies here at school tonight .... had hogfish fillets that I didn't cut the ribs off of so I figures why not blacken them up. Fired up a pan got some butter going and pressed the ribs down with a spaatula. Holy smoke they were good.... don't discard your ribs from fillets, save them if there's enough meat on them and try this out.....the meat will peel right off the bones when its cooked, quite tasty:yahooo::cheers:
Don't know about the ribs, but I love blackened hog fish. Had it in the Keys 3 or 4 times. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So damn tasty, so damn stupid.... wish i had a gopro vid of me shooting these guys, its almost too easy.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They used to kill big ones in the keys. But they are so stupid the population took a hit. I love hogfish!

Low population in my spots but the gulf is thick as thieves with em. Crazy. I usually see at least 10 per dive but one big one is all i shoot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts