BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Can't tell the wave action from possible fish splashes. You see birds earlier?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes could see them clear as day about 200 yards off beach. There was two different pods one looked to be a very large area being worked over.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Birds crashing bait not sure whats under them ? Take A look!!
Looks like a fall day.
http://thesurfersview.com/live-beach-cams/central-new-jersey/monmouth-beach
Stripers or Herring - Reports from various sites ALL say that the North Jersey beaches were holding Stripers along with the normal winter herring runs. TB Stripers are actually around all year - BUT this year due to the warm winter/water there are a LOT more of them along with quite a few K's mixed in. Party boats coming back in from Ling and Mackeral fishing have been running into some big pods of Stripers within 2 miles of the beach with a keeper ratio in the area of 1 out of 8 fish when they would stop and jig for them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went down Saturday. No stripers but did snag a nice 8 inch sand eel. Talked with a yaker who said they bailed them on thursday.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Internet fishermen....
RJ, that was so helpful, thanks a bunch! :thumbsup:

In fact, based on that, I am quitting my job today, to follow the winter blitzes 200 yards off the beach!:p

For your entertainment, guys....

Here's a secret, but don't tell anyone, and for God's sake, please don't spread it around or post it on the internet sites... a few of us have been trying to keep it a secret, but your great detective work has us caught red-handed! .;)

We have been catching 25lb bass every day from that very same location.

Sometimes it is hard, but most days we all have our limits of 25lb bass, including our bonus tags, in under an hour!

These bass were so abundant that the other day the traffic on the blvd was tied up as about 100 of us walked back to our cars dragging these feisty winter bass. And, on Fri during the noreaster, even with the waves being at 4' and the constant swell, the average size of the bass increased to 35 pounds!

It was so amazing, I guess what a lot of you guys call "epic"!

It was a sight to see, as we caught so many keeper sized fish our arms were tired and we were walking like drunks at 4am...

Don't believe me? There is another thread here that lays it all out for ya's...after all it wouldn't be false if it was posted on the internet, would it? :eek:

http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2831344#post2831344
...,and,read fishing reports about the the last 2 -3 days how the STRIPERS are being caught in NUMBERS off of North-Mid Jersey waters with keeper ratios of 5k out of 20 -the keepers being in the 15 lb. range!

I'll be there at 4pm today, after I quit my job and secure some unemployment pay...who's with me? :razz:

Remember it's not just about the pencil poppers, clams and bunker heads will work too! And if any of ya's have clambrella rigs, bring em along!

See ya's there, I'm in!

Billo, come on up and bring your pencil popping rod. :wave:Those fish are only 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile off the beach every day, I'm sure we can reach them with a well-placed cast or 2....

Using your logic above of one keeper out of every fish caught is amazingly motivational! :thumbsup:

In fact, I'm praying to King Neptune to bring you a 30lb bass if you do come up here...I am sure you will catch one!

I am so sure of it....I will give you $1.37 plus a few parkway tokens if you do catch a 30#, and to anyone else who can catch a 30# from the NJ surf at this time of year... but ya's have to act now, my offer expires in 24 hours!

so come on up, what are ya waiting for?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
that is awesome just checked still happening and a few surfers

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dark Skies
Are you being a wiseass or just a J.O. ?
No spots were mentioned and I posted it so it would breakup some winter boredom. If someone is going to run and get down to where the birds were working good luck to them.
If you knew me or anything about me i'm far from an internet fisherman.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Dark Skies

No spots were mentioned and I posted it so it would breakup some winter boredom. If someone is going to run and get down to where the birds were working good luck to them.
If you knew me or anything about me i'm far from an internet fisherman.

RJ, I posted the complete truth in my post, isn't that apparent? :rolleyes: :wave:
While you didn't mention any spots, that cam is set on a specific location.,,,so by proxy you ARE mentioning it,. or aren't you?...

If you're not an internet fisherman, then how about you come down (or up) to that location and show us that you aren't...and that in the hour or so, when you begin to see that the birds were merely feeding on sandeels, which they have been feeding on for months now....and realize that what you described to all the members here, as a blitz, was most likely birds feeding on a strong sandeel presence,,,,,

Then....... you can maybe try to read some structure, read the tides and bait, and work hard at catching, where most of the fish are rats.

A lot of other guys have been doing this, some with success, others giving it a valiant and concentrated effort (like RebelMusic has been doiing. :thumbsup:, ) by actually being out there and trying to catch a fish in real time.....without chasing the "blitzes"..... by learning to read structure and water instead of hyping a "blitz" which more often than not this time of year. so close to the surf line like as that one is... is just birds feeding.... now if the birds were 1/2 mile out, that might be a different scenario....

Moving forward,,,,I did quit my job, and filed for unemployment just now...and thanks to your heads up will be heading there this afternoon to get me a trophy....you and Billo are welcome to join...and my offer extends to you as well.... if you can pull a 30 out of that "blitz" in the next 24 hours, or even one that is 15#, from the NJ surf.... I will gladly pay you $1.37 plus a few Parkway tokens as well to lessen the sting of taking a long ride to chase after internet fish.,....

Are you in?....:)
let me know....:D
I'm leaving at exactly 3:30pm, look for me in the video feed....:razz: :wave:

I'll even buy ya a coffee if you can come up and catch yourself, from the surf, one of those fish from those "pods" you so clearly saw and mentioned in that video feed....just to show there are no hard feelings.....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I guess you answered my question you are in fact a J.O.. Not looking to argue with you nor waist my time with you . Not going to make it there main reason I have a job and i'm at work earning a living and helping support people like yourself and second I dont fish off the beach I will wait till the spring when boat goes in and hopefully those birds will still be there otherwise I have no chance on getting one of those rats that you speak of.
Sorry if I ruined it for anyone just was looking to share something that breaks up a long winter day.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Has this thread become creepy :huh:
What can you expect from someone with a name like 'DarkSkies'???? WOW !
I'm TOO old to read comments like THAT!
Superbowl hangover? Watching too many Vampire shows?
GGEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.:nuts::eek::confused:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
and second I dont fish off the beach I will wait till the spring when boat goes in and hopefully those birds will still be there otherwise I have no chance on getting one of those rats that you speak of.
Sorry if I ruined it for anyone just was looking to share something that breaks up a long winter day.

RJ, ya gotta learn to take life less seriously, dude..:eek:.

I really thought you could understand some of the sarcasm there, but you not fishing the surf...maybe that explains it a bit....

I apologize for any mis-perceptions as well....
I stand by my statement that some guys are internet fishermen, eternally chasing blitzes....while not even considering what put those fish there in the first place, or learning to recognize the difference between feeding birds,,,, and blitzing fish.... (RJ this does not apply to you, it's just a general statement, to be clear....) :wave:Hoping you realize the sarcasm as well about quitting my job and collecting unemployment...I haven't collected unemployment in 30 years......

And I apologize for messing with ya,...:).but it was too easy....if you ever get up to that area I'd be glad to give ya a few pointers on the surf, and buy ya a cup of coffee.....

Apologies to any members here who were offended as well..... I think a lot of us have cabin fever and can't wait for the season to start...best of luck and tight lines to all.....:cool:

Some food for thought...if February striped bass fishing was as good as claimed in this thread, and consistent...the Capts that were doing a tremendous job finding and getting on them every day..some of them site sponsors here....would still be fishin for em....

**The same offer applies to you as well., Billo,,...,one day when you get serious about catching fish...from the surf, I mean....:thumbsup: :wave: (BTW how old is too old?) :D Fishing is the tonic that keeps us young....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:cheers:Apology accepted.
Was only looking to help with cabin fever. I definately could not tell if it was feeding birds or feeding fish pushing bait up to the birds and dont think anyone would be able to tell just from a live cam they were a little to far to see.(Maybe title of thread could've been worded differently).I wasn't looking to spoil it for anyone either as I know how it can be with a public report in say oct or nov and you will have everyone including thier grandmother there.
And yes maybe I take things a little serious but if you knew a little of my background it might explain it.
Thanks for apology.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
All good, RJ, best of luck this season...tight lines....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
funny-you tryin to fish tomorow night?? I'll show you a spot where I found walleye fifteen years ago, I opened my mouth and posted my pics, and now there are 100 guys who overnight became pro walleye fisherman-now when I go they look at me like I'm an intruder, maybe you wont think I'm such a dick when you see this-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.