BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Fish at night from shore w/ eels, needles, darters and 7" megabaits if you have them. I consider them the basic searching plugs when fishing anywhere in RI. Lots of other plugs work as well, but those are what I use to fish areas quickly to find out where they are and how picky.

· Registered
98 Posts
Eels are always a good idea, but if fish are holding a good distance then I find an SS little neck or bottledarter to be a good search plug. I do well in RI with those. I plan on fishing the block this year (can't wait) and a lot of guys swear by eels on the block for big fish, so that's the way I'm going to go!:thumbsup:
Agreed. I like to fish fast looking for fish and signs of life. I'll work a point for 20 casts. 6 or 7 with eels in close, 6 or 7 out far with a needle out far and 6 or 7 with a darter. Then maybe another plug depending on how the mood moves me. I am pretty confident I will get bites with this strategy, and when I find them, I can then sit on them.

I think when dealing with boulder field structure, there are a lot of benefits of hitting a lot of structure through the night. Fish your confidence plugs and if they aren't hitting them, move until you find fish that are willing to. Once you find them, then use other plugs that you think will cull more fish or target larger fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.