BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard today that the price for a dozen bloods is $13!! :eek: Can anyone verify this or was the guy just "yankin' my worm?" I'm hoping to get out this week and was just wondering if I need to bring finance papers for my bait? :D

What's everyone paying for bloods?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
12 plus tax at Mystic Island. I bought 3 dozen yesterday when a friend and I went. By the end of the day I had over 6 dozen that were donated by anglers leaving the point.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by aimless:
With Fishbites, Nuclear worms, and now Gulp has bloodworms why pay the big bucks?
Because there is nothing like the real thing.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
THE POINT WAS DEAD SATURDAY. TRIED BLOODS FISHBITES. BERKLEY. NADA NOTHING ZIPPO.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by Vitalsigns:
AFK are you going to be at the point tommorrow I'm thinking of going there maybe I'll catch up with you this time.
I have a busy work schedule this week and will not be out till next weekend. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Originally posted by Bassackwards:
I heard today that the price for a dozen bloods is $13!! :eek: Can anyone verify this or was the guy just "yankin' my worm?" I'm hoping to get out this week and was just wondering if I need to bring finance papers for my bait? :D

What's everyone paying for bloods?
Where have you been hiding? Drop me an e-mail it's a new one, check my profile.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I'm in the wrong business,I should be selling worms for a living

·
Registered
897 Posts
it's not an easy business.no body likes you. worms aren't big enough,worms cost to much.the customers are never happy.my $.02.i have been getting mine at
Johns Seafood ,good worms good price $8.50 to barners.nice people also.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
might want to check out Scotts B&T in Mystic Is. & see what came in today on a "gulp worm" ;) ....go figgure....

·
Registered
896 Posts
my question is after buying and literally paying through the nose for them, you end up with extras, either donated or not used. how the heck does a person keep these buggers alive in the fridge? just keep them in the veggie draw?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I have one of those small styrofoam bait boxes from Walmart. I take the worms and grass out of the bag and put them in the box. I also have a a little 6 pack cooler that the bait box fits perfectly into that has a strap that I sling over my shoulder and go. It works well in the spring and can keep worms for about a week. Just keep the box in a shady place when not using it.

As for the fridge...
the wifey just says nooooooooo!!!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by clamchucker:
might want to check out Scotts B&T in Mystic Is. & see what came in today on a "gulp worm" ;) ....go figgure....
I am still not a beleiver. I love Gulp bait for other fish though.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts