BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a quick question about spring fishing with bloodworms. I know the typical setup is the mono to the wire hi/low rig with two hooks on leader with the weight on the bottom. However, I prefer to fish with a fishfinder. Is it possible to fish with this setup instead?? :

mono with fishfinder/weight and bead to wired hi/low rig with the two hooks on leader. And for the bottom of the wire where the weight is supposed to go, leave it weightless.

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
yeah, with bass fishing sometimes less is more. a single hook pompano rig is all you will need. small barrel swivel at the top, 24-36" of leader down to a dropper loop w/ a 4/0 baitholder hook, then another 6-12" of leader going down to a small duolock snap for your weight. when the water warms and the fish are more active you can change to a circle hook if you prefer.

fish finder is ok also but keep it simple. put the finder on your main line and tie on a barrel swivel. snell a 4/0 baitholder and trim it at 12-20". tie the free end to the barrel and throw it.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
circlehook said:
yeah, with bass fishing sometimes less is more. a single hook pompano rig is all you will need. small barrel swivel at the top, 24-36" of leader down to a dropper loop w/ a 4/0 baitholder hook, then another 6-12" of leader going down to a small duolock snap for your weight. when the water warms and the fish are more active you can change to a circle hook if you prefer.

fish finder is ok also but keep it simple. put the finder on your main line and tie on a barrel swivel. snell a 4/0 baitholder and trim it at 12-20". tie the free end to the barrel and throw it.
What he said.:D

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
where ya been?

I was out on the 1st, 6th, and 7th. zip on the 1st. missed two def bass hits on the 6th fishing w/ zen master Ken. and they were the only 2 hits out there. went back on 3/7 thinking it was starting and missed another hit, again the only one. so Im zero for the season :D , not a good start.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
circlehook said:
where ya been?

I was out on the 1st, 6th, and 7th. zip on the 1st. missed two def bass hits on the 6th fishing w/ zen master Ken. and they were the only 2 hits out there. went back on 3/7 thinking it was starting and missed another hit, again the only one. so Im zero for the season :D , not a good start.
I have been kind of swamped with work. I went Saturday at the warm water outflow for a couple hours. I got my 1st 2 of the season.(24 & 18 inches)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts