BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard some guys are paying up to $12 a dozen for bloodworms.
I was at Gibsons Tackle in Sea Isle and he has them for 8$ a dozen.

Just thought I'd pass on the info.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Thanks Rob,
Yes there seems to be a wide range in the
prices this year from shop to shop and in
different area's.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was talking to a friend who workes for the airlines moving skids from planes. He says he get Bloods from Maine, and said he would sell a box for $50.00 I don't know how many are in a box,But sounds like a good deal.
AFO

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by Another Fish on:
. . .he would sell a box for $50.00 I don't know how many are in a box,But sounds like a good deal.
AFO
That would be a half flat, 10 dozen + 5 worms. I get my worms from a shop in Phila; 1 dozen is $6.50, half flats are $56.00. My concern with your 'supplier' would be legality, Are we to understand he will just help himself to an order in transit? :rolleyes:

[ 03-18-2004, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Sergeant Slough ]

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sarge, I at one time got live shrimp 25 LBS. From over seas of live creepey live boys. They were very tastey. My friend says that when it comes in and not being on time the trucker has to pay!!!, they refused the shipment and they can keep the Item's. And the shiper pays for the mistake.
AFO

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by jim rosen:
seargeant,
what part of philly? I am paying way too much
thanks
The NE, Brinkmans on State Rd

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have no idea how Scott's gets the money he gets for worms. He has been the highest in the area for years. I've bought worms at Absecon Bay and Rodias this year for $7 and dozen and while they were not all snakes if they are always like the ones I got I promise to never complain. I know of several other places that are getting $7 also.
Crazy Bill

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Bill:
I have no idea how Scott's gets the money he gets for worms.
Does he have two "tiers" of sizes,. . . does he advertise having striper worms and regular worms? I know that one can order (at a premium) from the digger houses in Maine "culled" worms, they are supposed to be at least 8 inches. Is this what he offers?

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I have paid.. without too much of a problem.. anything that Scott has asked for his bloodworms each spring for the last 5 years. When his suppliers prices go up, Scotts prices go up.. I recently paid $12 there for a dozen, they were all big fat healthy snakes... and he threw in a couple small one from the "other" bags. Last year when I bought a dozens that were medium sized, he threw in an extra half dozen almost every time..

...and BTW, if I walked in there today, he might or might not recognize me... so it was not one of those real "regular customer" things, just Scott... a good guy running a good business

Your comment is the first I have ever heard of someone taking a "shot" at Scotts... don't agree with you, won't agree with you. Don't like paying $12, but don't feel like the guy is trying to hose anyone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried Dicks in Burlington yesterday and they had no worms..The kid said they get them first thing in April..and thats it..Im still at a loss trying to find cheaper bloods locally..Mabey I need to run down to Absecon Bay sports...Usually when I'm headed down that way I'm going to the clam boats..Dilemmas...

·
Registered
32,507 Posts
I thought I was getting ripped off paying $5.72-$6.25 down in Maryland. Maybe they just can't get that much for them down there. Most people use them for catching white perch, croaker and spot. They wouldn't spend $12 for those fish. I could also buy soft crabs down there for $8 a dozen. I guess I got spoiled down there. The in-laws sold the house (settlement was on Monday) so I guess it's back to reality for me :( .

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have to agree with fmTuna. Scott's will charge 12.00 when he has to and when he does you get all SNAKES. and when they are $7.00 because the big ones are not avalible you get way, way more than 1 dozen. You can not knock Scott's for inflating because I have never been unhappy with what I received for the cost, Not to mention the rest they offer with a smile and loads of help. As FM said I don't even know if they would know who I was but I have been going there every year for the last 5+ years SPRING ONLY.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts