BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a tough bite lately on my backyard redfish, so I took a day to fish with my freind Capt. Terry Lamielle at Blue cypress lake in Fellesmere. The weather was perfect, the bite was good, and the airboats left us alone. We drank some ice cold pepsi, killed a couple montecristos, and caught a bunch of fish. Not a bad way to start the weekend. I'm not really much of a bass guy, but I think it's starting to grow on me.

80 degrees and sunny, not a breath of wind.

The heavy fish of the day (7.5lbs on the boga).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Nice thick bass. That weather sounds so good right now... :thumbsup: It's cold, overcast, and rainy in NJ :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Damn, I wish I was there instead of staring at the snow outside my apartment window.

Awesome fish!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Forgot to mention that the females were buried in eel grass, a very different kind of fishing for me. We'd find small holes in the grass and drop a black trick worm rigged with a 4/0 EWG. I was told my rig was too light, and my line was too light, but that didn'nt seem to be the case.

Lard Almighty- (awesome screen name btw) I'm not a native Floridian and I do feel your pain. I lived in S. Philly for quite a few years, was educated in Rhode Island, and have no love at all for cold weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts