BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fishing club that I am in has a charter.Not much of a North fisherman I am, was looking for some info on the slammers or just reports.Looking forward to a workout if it is the time?Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Last I heard tons of racers in the surf at IBSP, chasing bunker. Typical for this time of year.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Rick if they are tlike they were last weekend bring ice.. not just for the fish but for your arms.. most likely you will be heading north towards seaside

·
Registered
408 Posts
Been real good with fish to 15 pounds in close. Actually seems like they slid south. It was all out carnage yesterday way south in the inlet.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
WE GO 3RD WEEK OF JULY ON THE BARNEGAT LIGHT.
LAST 2 YEARS COMBINED I PERSONALLY PULLED IN 52
OVER 12LB BLUES ON THOSE 2 TRIPS. USE THE BOATS EQUIPMENT. DONT BRING YOURS. LINES ARE TANGLED ALL DAY. CATCH YOUR FISH BRING IT IN CUT THE LINE AND GRAB ANOTHER POLE. I GIVE THE FISH AWAY TO OTHERS ON THE BOAT BUT ITS A GREAT TIME.GOING AGAIN THIS YEAR.HE ANCHORS IN THE SAME SPOT AND CHUMS THE ENTIRE TIME.LIKE I SAID LINES ARE TANGLED ALL DAY DONT GET FRUSTRATED-PUT THE POLE DOWN AND GET ANOTHER.HE HAS A MATE RIGGING POLES CONSTANTLY FOR THAT REASON.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I went out of barnegat inlet on the doris mae IV last night with my brother.We were mainly swinging them abourd and unhooking and releasing the fish unharmed and getting the lines back into the water as soon as we could. within a few miles of the inlet. Blues were so thick we saw them hitting a beer can that was floating around. All fish were near the surface. All you had to do was catch one and drop another bait right behind the fighting fish and it was an instant hookup.It was alot of fun and I can't wait to go again. With little run time we has alot of hours of fishing. The best I've seen in years. Have fun.

[ 06-14-2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: insomniac ]

·
Registered
408 Posts
Grady, last week they were thick up and down IBSP. On Sunday I found them off Surf City and they were not far north of the inlet. By Tuesday I had reports of them unbelievably thick off Holgate and everyone that went north could not find them. The bunker schools have almost all but disappeared off IBSP and a little north while being found by the acres south. That is why I say they went south, at least some of them 

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
WHAT BOAT RICKEY?
Chuck hit it right.Doing some day jigging! :cool: I hope eveyone gives me the blues for the toothy critters :D Thanks for all the input guys.Good boat and cappy.Want to go Jack or Chuck we have a extra opening or two. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts