BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we're all avid striper fishermen I thought I'd pass this along. I was a lucky winner of a door prize for a 2 night stay at the Blue Heron Inn in Chincoteaque, MD. Nice place and only 500 yds. from the entrance to the national park and access to some great fishing. For only $10 you get a 5 day pass to the park which allows 24 hr. access for fishing. There's a drive-on section for 4x4's that will put you on some prime fishing spots including a nice rip at the tip of the island that is similar to the Hook. The owner, Bruce Dowd, his wife, and his right-hand-man Ken are all avid fishermen and are more than happy to show you how it's done. Here's the link to the web site: http://www.chincoteague.com/blueheron/

with rates, phone numbers, etc. Give Bruce or Ken a call for more information. They said that after Thanksgiving thru January there's some great fishing. Thanks again to Bruce and the Blue Heron Inn for donating the door prize!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks like a great place. Freinds of mine go to MD. for tuna fishing. It's closer to the canyon than Jersey. Any other places listed like this would be great to hear about.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
been to assetique (sp)several times, a bit further north than *****, but man, sure is a very nice area down there.......the barbeque is awesome...will keep in mind for the fall, glad to hear the owners and operators fish and know their stuff, always helps!

thanks mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.