BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed one of these? I want to install a second battery and use this kit. Looks pretty straight forward but the question I have is what size circuit breakers to use. My outboard has a 50 amp alternator. Am I good with 50 amp breakers or should I go up to 60?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Just removed one I had on my boat for 10+ years (re-powered and have an Aux charge lead now). But, the Yandina combiner is a way simpler install and does the same thing. Three wires, one lead to each battery and the ground to ground. Takes up less real estate also.

https://www.yandina.com/c100Info.htm

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just installed one and have the same question. I put a 30a fuse just so it wasn’t unprotected but I want to install a breaker. Do I only need one for the house battery or one breaker for each battery and what capaciity?

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Just got one of these kits myself. Need to get the breakers and will be running cables and installing in a few days. My twin engine, twin battery set up had 2 dual switches before and I hated that set up. Will be happy to just have to flip one switch and be done.

Reactions: wired98

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
I installed one but it was several years ago, I believe I used 50A breakers and 6ga cable, I used a harbor freight crimper that lasted long enough to get the job done. Century provided a wiring diagram for the entire boat which was very helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts