BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you e-mail me where you found that, profinity?
Mddle,he picked a perfect day to fish today. Are you fishing this weekend ? The tides look very good Saturday and Sunday. High matching with sunrise and sunset.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sanibel and I are drum fishing Wednesday in Delaware bay. The full moon should improve our chances. If I miss you Sunday, just fish off of my dock. Clams..........................

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Interesting proof that crabs CAN smell. There is baiting method that uses a male crab to attract females. There is a Pheromone that the male gives off and the females follow scent to a rendenzvous!

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
When I crab and they are mating you will catch doublers. A large nale on top of a willing female. We seperate them. The male goes in the basket and the female gets tied into the trap as bait. Kinda like pimping.....works pretty well. The male method is how a lot of shedders are caught. He gets to be the bait and the females fill the trap. Thats why most of your shedders you buy for bait are small females....a little pink on the underside too. The power of pheromones(sp) goes a long way underwater.

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
That is just like in the real world with people too, the only woman that goes out looking for a guy seems to produce a bunch of little crabs.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I can put some clam or other food in the fish tank and it is not long before the big blue claw starts stirring and heads right for the food, even if he was facing the opposite direction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.