BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Mid to late April for the snappers, early May will start the move of bigger fish and by mothers day it should be full blown crazy times with big blues.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
You'll now
Just look for the reports every where

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
You won't see me complaining....
Cheap pencil poppers and a 9" wire leader and I'm good to go.....
Bring those yellow-eyed bastids on!!!!!!
:D

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Me neither RJG, I have the arsenal of old plastics ready to throw at them :D Last week of April to second week of May they usually arrive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a Blue fish question.
I use to go night time blue fishing with a few of my buddies (before we started having kids) we would go out on the Miss Chris out of Cape May.
I was wondering does the Miss Chris or any other party boat still go out at night for the BIG Blues?
Man that was alot of fun, I would just love to do that again.

Any suggestions fellow barners?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Buck Shad said:
I have a Blue fish question.
I use to go night time blue fishing with a few of my buddies (before we started having kids) we would go out on the Miss Chris out of Cape May.
I was wondering does the Miss Chris or any other party boat still go out at night for the BIG Blues?
Man that was alot of fun, I would just love to do that again.

Any suggestions fellow barners?
Glenn,
I have not fished night blues on the Miss Chris for a while.
I do a few night trips in the summer on the Ms. Barnaget Light out of LBI for the jumbo blues
You can also jump on the Doris Mae.
Loads of fish- loads of fun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always seem to complain, Ah, I mean catch them around Mothers day especially in the flats out back of the Barnagat Inlet on an incoming tide.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I can't wait till they get here. I love pulling on blues bigger then 10 pounds. Pound for pound the best fighting fish I have ever fought!!!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
ReadyJettyGo said:
You won't see me complaining....
Cheap pencil poppers and a 9" wire leader and I'm good to go.....
Bring those yellow-eyed bastids on!!!!!!
:D
Wire leaders? You lose plugs without a fish attached...

Don't remember the last time I lost a plug to a blue fish. Just use the biggest plug in the bag -something they can't get their chompers around to get to your leader.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts