BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if bluefish are around yet ? Looking to wet some lines and catch some shark bait

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
We usually have plenty vacuum sealed up for shark baits by now, but they just haven't been at our normal spots. I heard of some caught in the upper D.bay but nothing great. Hope you find some, I may have to find them at the fish market.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Anybody know if bluefish are around yet ? Looking to wet some lines and catch some shark bait
The word earlier in the week was that they were off of LBI under the birds and bunker.

I'm going to try this weekend also.

Also heard of a few caught in the FR area in the bay.

·
Registered
743 Posts
They are all over in and out of Manasquan Inlet, party boats have jigging a ton. The smaller ones are in Manasquan river and Northern Barnaget. Bay as well.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

5/15/14 Belmar
Fishing for striped bass was okay on the ocean on the party boat Big Mohawk, on some days, when bunker could be snagged to liveline for bait, Capt. Chris said. Lots of bluefish now swam the waters, and they could be a nuisance when trying to catch stripers. Daily trips, sailing 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., will fish for stripers through the weekend, and will switch to sea bass on Monday, opening day of sea bass season. The trips will run for fluke and sea bass when fluke season is opened next week on Friday. Limits of bluefish 5 to 12 pounds were the norm on Wednesday’s trip, very good fishing, on the party boat Golden Eagle, a report said on the vessel’s website said. The anglers were in catch and release mode by late morning, and 4-ounce Run Off hammered jigs and 5- and 7-ounce, gold Krocodiles caught the fish. On Tuesday’s trip, blues 4 to 10 pounds, good fishing for them, and some striped bass to a 25-pounder were plowed, all on the Run Offs and Krocs. Lots of fish seemed to swim the area, and the Golden Eagle is fishing at 7:30 a.m. daily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.