BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planned on wreck fishing again today but with a late start and not sure what the wind was gonna do we left the bait shop without crabs or clam.

Wound up chasing blues around great bay and loading up for sharking and microwaving(30). Just good fun fishing with one hooked and 3 trying to steal the plug from that one. Today they were behind the stinkhouse in and around the bars back there.

Also took a look out front and it wasnt bad at all. Should have bought the crabs and went togging again but o well.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I was out in that area about the same time. We made one run at the birds and went back to fluking. It wasn't a great day of fishing but we able to bring 2 flat ones home for dinner.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What boat were you in AFK? Hope to meet up with you soon and talk fishing. I was the 25 Grady that stopped in the pack for a bit and then made my way over and up on the bars. I really dont think anybody did well on the fluke. We had alot of fun with the blues on plugs.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I think I was next to you guys yesterday. Did you have a guy up in the bow that was bailing blues on almost every cast? I have have an older 21 foot w/a with A Frayed Knot on the sides. It has a blue top that will come off once the weather warms. I went out late this afternoon and did do much but brake down temperarally(sp) and then got bit in the knuckle by a skate. :eek:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats funny AFK-I was the guy up on the bow catching on almost every cast! Tall skinny guy with a pony tail having a blast. Small world heh?

Vital, my boats old but Ive tried to fix her up a bit this year. I think you will be very happy at great bay marina. I redid my bottom this spring and spent a good many days there and the owners are very nice and helpfull. Bob

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes you were the next to myself and afk. we pulled up next to you about 100 yards off your side tried for the blues and got the skunk...did have fun with the fluke though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How did you make out today Rick? I had a highpower rifle match this morning and didnt even make it down to the boat this afternoon....The teak and radio should be in by wed.,your more than welcomed to join me. talk to you tomorrow some time.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What time did you guys leave? I did sheepshead for a while, moved to the "can" area, grabbed bass (mabye 24") weaks and blues. Left around 8PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts