BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just talked to dan charter on the phone who teaches the boating safety course. he told me yes the law has BEEN PASSED and will be phased in starting this year. 35 and under 6-1-2006-
45 and under 6-1-2007- 55 and under 6-1-2008
hope fully i dont get yelled at for posting this web site but you can go to it and find locations for the courses.
www.boatus.com/courseline/courseline.asp
put in your zip code to find the closet one.

[ 02-03-2006, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: phish4fun ]

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
45? ALL THE PRICES I SAW WERE 55 AND UP. PWC AND BOAT COUSRE ARE 65 AND UP. SOME RUN 4 NIGHTS OTHERS 5 NIGHTS. I DO KNOW NOW I WILL DROP THE BOAT LICENSE OFF MY DRIVERS LICENSE. THATS FOR NON TIDAL WATERS ONLY.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Pat- me too!!!! Both the wife and I took the course 15 years ago. I have a better chance of finding a winning lottery ticket on the street than finding that certificate.

Might it make the waters a little safer in the long run though???There are some downright idiots behind the wheel of a boat. [/QB][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Idiots will be idiots, whether they've taken the course or not. I've been through it, and all the teenage jetskiing morons in there with me could have cared less about learning anything. :rolleyes: All they wanted was their piece of paper that said they could go out and ruin my day...

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IF YOU GO TO THE STATE POLICE WEB SITE IT ALSO LIST THE FINES IF CAUGHT WITHOUT THE CERTIFICATE.
I THINK THE FIRST TIME IS A 100.00 FINE THEN ON UP. ALSO THERE IS A NUMBER TO CALL FOR LOST CERTIFICATES.I THINK IT IS NJSP.ORG OR YOU CAN GET THERE THROUGH DMV WEBSITE.THE # FOR CERTIFICATES LISTED IS 609-882-2000 EXT 6173

[ 02-03-2006, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: phish4fun ]

·
Registered
289 Posts
If this is the same safety certificate that everyone was doing when Whitman was in office through the state police course, there is a # to call, give your info. they will send you new certificate. I will post # as soon as I find it again.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Actually I just called NJ State Police at(609) 882-2000, x6173 and spoke with the Marine Sargent. I faxed him over all my information and he said he will send me a new certificate. He told me not to delay because they are getting swamped with this stuff.

·
Registered
289 Posts
rodfather, I just showed my buddy my card also, the state police one. He is marine police, he said he is not sure because this only passed 2 days ago, so there is not a new certificate yet.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.