BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get my 21 foot center console prepped for summer. Who can direct me to a barn sponser who does boat detailing. Just the regular spring type detail... wash, compound and then wax. Too busy with new baby and wife. Never paid anyone else to get the boat ready so I am looking to figure out how much the the going rate per foot for a deal like wash, compound and wax would be? If there are no barn detail sponsers would someone like to take me up on this? Boat is currently on blocks in in-laws driveway in Sea Isle and will be slipped behind my home in Avalon next week.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Try Capt. Phil I know he does bottom painting, not sure if he details, worth a shot though.

K

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked up a few boat detailers on yellow pages and heard back from one guy at $18/foot($360) and was quoted by another guy $300... does that seem in the "ballpark" for the kind of work I need done. The boat has been washed, compounded and waxed every year since its birth in 2004. And is rel;atively clean.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Look up ReelShine out of Wildwood...He works at Schooner Island...Cost less then that last year.

K

·
Registered
6,704 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Bubs said:
Need to get my 21 foot center console prepped for summer. Who can direct me to a barn sponser who does boat detailing. Just the regular spring type detail... wash, compound and then wax. Too busy with new baby and wife. Never paid anyone else to get the boat ready so I am looking to figure out how much the the going rate per foot for a deal like wash, compound and wax would be? If there are no barn detail sponsers would someone like to take me up on this? Boat is currently on blocks in in-laws driveway in Sea Isle and will be slipped behind my home in Avalon next week.
Are you talking just the outside of the Hull, or topside also?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Bubs said:
I looked up a few boat detailers on yellow pages and heard back from one guy at $18/foot($360) and was quoted by another guy $300... does that seem in the "ballpark" for the kind of work I need done. The boat has been washed, compounded and waxed every year since its birth in 2004. And is rel;atively clean.

I'm just wondering why you compound every year if the hull isn't oxidized a cleaner wax should be good. Just trying to save you a step and saving your gel coat. I have a 2003 and haven't used compound on it yet and it shines like new. I've been using Meguires cleaner wax.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scotty email sent. bigS... inside and out. vital... 05 dealer did it, 06 marina, 07 me, 08... like to keep her clean bro... need her to sparkle so it matches my gold toof. all kiddin aside, no idea... just thought hardwork was the rightwork and i need her looking good... oh well

·
Registered
562 Posts
First Impression detailing, right on sea isle blvd across from the super wawa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts