BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
How big? What kind of boat? Gas, Diesel? A little detail would help.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Patriot Marine fabracaters did one for me.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
If you dont find a Barn sponsor email me...My friend has a shop and isnt a Barn advertiser. He can do it. Him and I did mine..

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Who in the world is the best fabricator and installer ?
Use SP Tanks in Toms River. They will build a tank that is epoxy coated and is Coast Guard Approved.....the most important thing....

I know they are NOT Barn Sponsors, but they do a great job.

http://www.sptanks.com/

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I replaced the tank in my 1988 21B 3 years ago and SP tanks made the new one for me ($700). I coated it with coal tar epoxy and did the install myself. It was not that bad a job. The toughest part is usually replacing the fill line since Mako foams them into the boat..mine had been previously replaced and I got lucky.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We have always used SP in Toms River. If they tell it is going to take 5 days to build it they will call you on that 5th day and say it is ready. Our shop has done 3 or 4 a year. Every job was different. Sometimes just the deck has to be removed. Some require the console, console and T Top, console ,T Top, and leaning post or chairs. Some decks had to be cut and fiberglassed. Get the job set up with a shop now when they have time. If you can do some of the work great. Most of the labor is grunt work. Take the old tank out, then make your measurments. SP has an estimater on the web site. You can plug your numbers in and get an estimate online.
Mars

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
I also used Patriot Marine i made my tank larger gave them the drawings and it turned out exactly what i wanted was able to hold 14 more gallons and they also do epoxy if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.