BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing controversial here - no rod building or tackle sale wars.

I do want to announce I am no longer working at First Niagara Risk Management - who bought our old Insurance Agency -
Summit Insurance Group, Inc., including my Summit Marine Division.

For a year now I have been running my advertisement for my friend - Ken
Marks - Owner of Marks Marine.

I have decided to once again work for myself, and carefully choose this
agency to work with. Between Ken and I, we combine 50 years of Marine
Underwriting experience. He has an experienced staff dedicated for service
including Matt Speiser, manning the helm at the office daily.

We represent every major insurer who is in the boat insurance business.
Let's face the fact of pricing, low number usually wins, often we can get the best numbers for our clients because we know how to present
your risk to the Insurance Company.

The most important thing we feel is to properly insure a vessel. Marine Insurance is a specialty that takes knowledge of boats, and their use by their owners.

I have helped 100's and 100's of Bass Barn members for 12 years now,
including many of the charter boats you see advertised.

Please let me know if I can help any of you boat owners get a better rate
or even more important,-Insurance that will work for you when you need it.

When leaving the dock, to run offshore to your favorite fishing spots, include "Good Insurance" on your list.

Captn Joe Sullivan
Marine Underwriter

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Joe,

Glad to hear you are on your own again. What would the process be for those of us that were with you at Summit and Niagra - wait until a month or so before the renewall, then call you for a quote?

Let me know.

Sean

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Joe

Where you go... I go. Send me whatever paperwork we need to do what we have to do.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Capt. Joe
I just renewed in December with First Niagra thinking I was renewing with you .
Good luck in your new venture. I will look you up when my policy comes up for renewal again
For those that have never dealt with Capt Joe for insurance....well worth giving him a chance to quote your policy. Capt Joe provided me with a thorough policy at a competitive price.
When I had a major claim two years ago , it was great dealing with someone who was local and knowledgeable of boats.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Just had a good friend of mine get a quote from joes company he ended up switching agencies, he saved money and actually got an increase in his coverage

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Longoverdue,
Thank you for the kind words, their business model, was not just not a fit for me.

I was the good soldier, they had me hunting Elephants - I saw the thing through for a year as I agreed to and it was time for me to get back to who I am and what I enjoy doing, and representing my customers. It was a bumpy ride but I have to say, I am happy to be on my own again.

I am the kind of person who likes calling the shots, opposed to big corporate structure. ( it is their world, they can have it:))

I will be working at The Atlantic City Boat Show so let me know if you
are going.

Captn Joe

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ed & Sean,
I will shoot you guys emails, and Thank you!

It will also let me hang around here on the Barn again as I was prohibited to do so when we sold everything to the bank.

Captn Joe

·
Registered
988 Posts
Longoverdue,
Thank you for the kind words, their business model, was not just not a fit for me.

I will be working at The Atlantic City Boat Show so let me know if you
are going.

Captn Joe

I will be at the show either Friday or Saturday. What booth will you be working ?

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had a good friend of mine get a quote from joes company he ended up switching agencies, he saved money and actually got an increase in his coverage
Bert,
thank you and can we meet for lunch this week to continue our conversation?

Captn Joe

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be at the show either Friday or Saturday. What booth will you be working ?
Joe,
I will be there both Friday & Saturday. Our booth is Marks Marine, and I will
post the details here and also let you know our GPS -I mean location there:)

Captn Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts