BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a long wait. With all the high winds this week heavy rain predicted I had held off launching. Today with the heavy rain forcast I went to the South Jersey Coastal Fly anglers last fly tying day in Ocean City.

We had a good turn out and tied up a bunch of neat flies, but the weather was warm and sunny. I had a great time and put the boat in the slip right after dinner tonight. Water temp in Cape May harbor was 49 on the incoming tide when I put her in the slip.

Now I can't wait for the first day to get out and fish. I need a fishing fix bad.

Charters will start later in the month when the fish start getting more active. Will be using the early personal trips for exploring new back bay spots to fish.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
That's great Ray! I hope you have a productive year!

·
Registered
931 Posts
hope you have a great season and I always look forward to your reports and photos

My whaler is getting repaired at the moment hope to get her wet with warm weather soon too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Things should be starting soon. It's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not fit for man nor beast down here today. Put on full foul weather suit to check the boat this morning with the super high tides with the strong north east wind and new moon. The water was well up over the sodbanks with coastal flood warnings.

Boat was good, but it was cold and raw. You could see vapor and I was really cold by the time I got back in the car.

Fishing Flea Market here in Cape May had a pretty good crowd with nothing else, fishing related to do.

Should get out for the first trip sometime this week.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brutal weather Sunday. Cold rain and wind gusting to 50mph. Checked boat this morning in thirty mph winds and found my center console cover had blown off. Went back at low tide to try and find it. Got lucky and found it about 5 boats away on the other side of dock. Just barely saw a little blue blurr. Filled with mud and muck but cleaned up well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts