BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1976 16' John Dorey, 1986 20hp electric start Evinrude and year 2000 roller trailer. Trailer in excellent shape. Motor runs great, boat needs some TLC. This would make a good starter boat for someone looking to get into boating at a reasonable price. New battery, fuel tank and Huminbird fishfinder. The picture shows an electric winch which has been replaced with a band new Manuel winch. The rollers on the trailer have also been adjusted to level the boat off and it loads on and off effortlessly. I've got my eyes on something larger and the bride wont let me put two boats in the yard. Looking to get $1000.00 or B/O.

[ 02-23-2006, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: FIRST LIGHT ]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No leaks. I have a 3 and 6 gal. tank. It's stable for 16' and I believe before it was repowered it was in a fleet of rental boats. I need to get something larger to fish the inlet. I'll e-mail you some more pics.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure but I'd say between 500 and 750 lbs. I'll send you some pictures tonight as they are on my home computer.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
wow, that's the exact kind of boat that we rented when i worked at dockside marina in OC. we had two or three of those bad boys, and they were workhorses. we left them in the water all season, and they never got more than a quick spray down of water. the bottoms were usually covered with grass, but even with a 25 hp on the back, it ran pretty well. a clean hull with a 20 hp should move it along great. if i remember correctly, they were all side consoles, with a single bench seat. i'm not sure if First Light's boat that he is selling is the same.

the boats that we had were all glass with a wood gunwale. it's a no nonsense, flat bottom fishing boat. if you're looking for something to use to fish in the back, this boat will do you fine.

Good luck selling her. At that price, this boat should be sold soon.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fellow who sold it to me told me it had been a rental boat from O.C. It most likely is one from that fleet. Wood gunwales,side console and bench seat. The forward hatch and bench seat are now starboard but other than that it's original.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Capt. Jake pics sent. beber, I don't see your e-mail in your profile. I'm going to take the cover off tommorrow and take some current photos. Pictures to come. phillyfishing, yes.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have one of these boats with a 30 hp yamaha. It is perfect for the bay off LBI. I even ran it with a 9.9 and it was OK. The 20 should be plenty because my 30 is max I would ever put on her. Also with the 30 I feel more comfortable with a 12 gallon tank. The 6 gallon tank with my 30 has never run out but all day running left me with little if any reserve. I paid $1600 quite a few years ago and put in another 500 for lights hardware and a battery so this seems to be an excellent price. LOL

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spooled and beber-pictures sent. I took the tarp off this morning and took 15 pictures then tied the tarp back on. I can't upload them on Myfishpix because the picture file is too large. I'm working on that? If any one can tell me how to reduce the file size on a jpeg image I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BT3100, I'll try that. I e-mailed the picture to myself and it reduced it's file size. Your way may be easier. Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts