BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the boat name letters across my transom, and I will be putting them on myself. I have been lookin online at various sites to compare cost, fonts, material. Do they go on like individual registration characters, or is it one big sheet you stick on then peel off the excess? I have never done this before so any tips are appreciated.

Who have you guys used, and what do you recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
16,540 Posts
Go to a sign shop that can computer cut vinyl letters. The adhesive side will be on wax paper and then masking tape on top. You use a spray bottle with water and e few drops of baby shampoo. Wet the boat and wet the adhesive side of the vinyl (pull the wax paper off first). Position the entire sheet of masking tape with the letters attached. Use a body putty squeegee to remove all of the excess water. Allow to dry the pull the masking tape off. Pretty simple to do it yourself.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Normally it is 1 sheet of vinyl you peel the backing paper off the sticky side and spray the sticker and the boat with a mix of baby shampoo and water, only need a cap full of soap in a spray bottle. Then position sticker on the boat and with a squeegee remove all air bubbles . Then let dry and pull the backing paper off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i dont know where your located in NJ, but Collingswood Auction in Farmingdale has a shop that is fairly priced and will instruct you on what to do. Its very easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
learning curve

Bluewater Graphics
3305 Pacific Avenue
Longport, NJ 08403-1643

Phone: (609) 823-8891

They do more boats that anyone at the shore. Chal will produce your lettering for you but there is a learning curve so starting with something like the size of a sheet of paper or smaller is a great starter. It's not that much more to have them install the lettering and warranty it versus an internet order that you may not get right the first or second time?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I've been looking

recently too www. doityourselflettering looks really reasonable let me know if u see something better thanks

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I don’t have there name right off hand,But coming in to wildwood on Rio Grand ave left hand side,they do lettering.real nice work,I had two Boat done their,very reasonable

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
If you are looking to do a custom graphic... not just lettering... we can help you at BadwaterDesigns.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts