BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm down at my local ramp and it's as if people have no clue.

Loading: if you have 4 Men, why can't one get dropped off and go get the trailer and back it in while the other boats docks or floats waiting their turn.

Why don't people drive their boats on if their trailer allows it. How many people are dragging their vessels around and bumping into everything including other boats.

If there is an obvious line, why do some individuals think they can pull straight into the ramp despite the line waiting their turn.
This destroys the system, do they think all the trucks and trailers at the top of the ramp are just hanging out for no reason?

Why do people pull out and decide to just stop and get in the way of the ramp when there is other areas for getting ready to leave, straps, etc.

what should have took a few minutes today took forever to get out of the water. I don't say anything or bother anyone. I'm not talking about bad days or broken equipment which we all have time to time, but plain not knowing what works. Oh well.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
it happens. today at port norris i was the only one in line waiting for the ice deliery truck to move. i had to chase him down because he was on the side of thr bldg on his cell phone. once he moved i started backing down the ramp and another boat which just arrived decided he wanted to use the same ramp instead of moving over to the other.i continued to put in the boat. i waited 10 minutes to get in. he backed out but wasnt real happy. no word or gestures exchanged. but yes it happens.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I had a guy ask me how to get his boat off his trailer the other day. I told him to unhook the trailer from the vehicle and pull away.

[ 05-28-2006, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Makojoe0317 ]

·
Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by blowfishct:
That song is funny :D Just do what I do fish off the bridges.
Yeah Capt'n Sam has a lot of Fishing CDs. My two favorites are about fly fishing and drinking the ugly girls up to a 10.

They been in almost every B&T in Florida for the past 10 years. I'm always suprised that no one up here has picked up on them.

[ 05-28-2006, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Librarian ]

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
FWIW, and To whom it may concern, When you see people having a problem, or obviously not knowing what to do, HELP THEM! They may not know or be new to boating. Yes, it is fun to watch people having trouble, but we have all been there. Myself, spun crank on trailer, low tide, Longreach, late pm, 3 boats in each ramp. NO ONE would help. Finally back down lower and blew the boat as far as poss. Once level I used a pr if vice grips. Only had my wife, so no help.

·
Registered
897 Posts
scott,how did u do yesterday?
my spot...no ramp,no wait.just pick up and go.gimmie a call next wkend.been doing fairly well back there.yesterday put a fatty in the box.7.2 lbs.
hope all is well with the new house.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yo Dirtydig,

yesterday had keepers to 4 pounds and a striper, weak and blue to round it out. Good to be fishing, haven't been in some time.

Ramps suck, I haven't had a slip recently Vital. On the Hook, we're all happy to help those in need, but if the person thinks their system is working well, they don't like to be told what to do.....ya know what I mean. I help anyone who wants it or needs it. Most people don't want to hear it unless they are disabled in some way. Oh well. No big deal. I've seen too many fights so I keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
It should be as easy as:

1. Set up your systems for in / out.
2. Repeat each time.
3. Know what to do if- low water, etc.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Underdog - it happens all the time at that ramp, just have to get lucky and sneak out before the masses arrive. I am always willing to give a hand and help others out. You had a good day, its been a good season so far

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the people who are out for there first trip of the season and don't check to see if the battery is charged put the boat in push off of the trailer and turn the key to find a dead battery.And then you get the famous saying "O shX#%%^t!!!!.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by Librarian:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by blowfishct:
That song is funny :D Just do what I do fish off the bridges.
Yeah Capt'n Sam has a lot of Fishing CDs. My two favorites are about fly fishing and drinking the ugly girls up to a 10.

They been in almost every B&T in Florida for the past 10 years. I'm always suprised that no one up here has picked up on them.
</font>[/QUOTE]I used to have one of Sam's Tapes.(Captain Sam Crutchfield) The used to sell them in Cabella's Catelog. "Ugly" is a classic :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts