BASS BARN banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,747 Posts
Hey Joe too many hours haha my dad always told me to be an elctrician you stay somewhat clean and they got the best job in the industry besides surveyors. I'm stubborn and stick to restoring these old boats. You'd be proud I wired up the seacraft with heat shrink connections and got the wiring all clean and secured and I'm no electrician mainly a fiberglass guy that can do it all. I thought about just electrical taping the connections just kidding I bet you've seen some scary stuff on peoples boats.
I offer a day on the job to ANYONE that wants to do what I do.... Is this job clean... not at all.... you get in a bilge of any boat with a VRO tank and you will be scrubbing for a day, let alone the commercial boats. It might seem like a nice job, but the stresses and emotional wear and tear make it a ball buster...

I might be working in the shop next week, waiting to see what blows my way. Glad to see you using the right connectors. IF you ever need anything, let me know, I'll get ti for you.

· Registered
201 Posts
The work looks great. What is the heavy application you used on the bow area?
Do you have any pictures of the paint application?
Not sure what your talking about as far as heavy application on bow area. I use epoxy resin and mix a filler additive in to make it thick and spread out good. The boat has not been painted yet still fairing the boat. Thanks

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.