BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was called for a available slip on the floating dock in the Atlantic Highlands Marina.The new fee for my 21 foot boat is $2500 for the season. This is a big nut to crack so I guess I will have to continue trailering .

·
Registered
865 Posts
95 a foot at keyport marine basin floating docks with water and electric and a awesome staff email me if you have any questions about this marina

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That isn't so bad. Especially if fish out front or the tip often. Save $$$ in fuel and time running from the back.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I dock at AHMM and its great for fishing. A lot less time getting to the grounds then if you were docked in the river (Less Time and Gas= More Money). Great people there also. The only drawback for me is the floating docks arent really a good place just to "hang out". I cant have people down at the boat just to sit around.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Let my slip go this year at AHMA .Wanted to transfer to another slip but unless I paid up front they they wouldent give me my opitions , LOOKING FOR ANOTHER SLIP SO ANYONE WITH A OPTION TO AH SHOOT ME A E MAIL . But 2500 for a 21 is $119 @ foot not bad for the area .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bye Bye AHMM

I gave mine up as well. Very pricey for what you get. Moving down south---SRI. AHMM is relatively safe, but way too many crazy rules for me. I like less government in my life.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
My wife told me that there was an article in the Asbury Park Press stating that AHM had slips available.

I am at Leonardo State Marina and they charge $2190 for a 30 foot slip. However, the Nazi in Charge will only allow a 28 foot boat in that slip. Last I checked, there is a waiting list.

On the down side, we are having into problems with shoaling at the entrance to the marina, which the state and the Army Corp. of Engineers refuses to dredge citing lack of money. At low tide, the draft is as little as two feet or less, while the state website falsely claims a six foot draft. This shoaling has also caused problems with the state being able to get a concessionaire to operate the luncheonette and fuel sales, because the larger boats cannot come in to buy fuel at will. We have not had fuel, bait, ice, or fuel for at least the past two seasons. So it is becoming less than a full-service marina. The shoaling has forced party boats to go elsewhere, however, we still have at least three charter boats in the marina.

On the positive side, we are about 3.5 miles from the tip of Sandy Hook, and convenient to the rest of the bay and rivers, for many options for fishing, crabbing, cruising, or skiing. The marina is well-protected for the most part, since it is mostly surrounded by bulkheads. We have a boat owner's association to which you can belong to for $25 per year. The association has dockside parties/picnics a few times a year, and acts as an advocate for its members with the marina management. Also the members are a great group of guys that often share information, go fishing together, keep an eye out for each others boats, and run public fishing tournaments every year or two.

There is the Monmouth Cove marina run by the county. Their rate structure can be found at http://co.monmouth.nj.us/documents/130/marina_fees_2012.pdf. Take note there are discounts for Monmouth County residents. I do not know if there is a waiting list.

I used to be at Keyport Marine Basin. Sometimes, it can be a little tight for manuevering, especially with a strong tide and a west wind. Easy access to back-bay fishing, which is a hidden gem. Also they have a marine store which stocks all kinds of boating items and a full selection of ice and bait. I still go there to get half bushels of clams. I left because of the bridge that you have to go under to get to the bay. When I got a boat with a pilot house, I had to leave. Also it is an 11 mile run to the tip of Sandy Hook.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Blake,

You gave up your slip; that is crazy. Yes, you did have the worst slip in the marina and I am sure that they would have found something for you with out doubt. I know they do the slip swap in early FEB, is there not something that if you did not like the new slip options you could have had the old slip or your money back?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts