BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I?ve trailered for many years now and I had my reasons. I liked being able to take the boat to many different locations and fish. Plus, my in-laws lived on the Chesapeake, a friend had a house in Margate, etc?. However, I find myself launching from the same place 99% of the time (the Cape May area). I?m thinking it might be time for a boat slip. What I don?t know is, how much it costs and what the availability is. Does anyone know what the going rate is these days or where I could even find an open slip? Thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I pay in SIC on 46th Street 1,000 But i thing most places charge by the foot. I guess the going rate is around 30or40 dollors a foot give or take a few bucks

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Originally posted by aquasport190:
I called BreeZeeLee and they were $875 but already booked up. Thanks for the info about SIC.
Did you ask for the new section? $875. I pay $1300. with a finger on the new side.

·
Registered
86 Posts
theres more to picking aboat slip than price. you need easy access to your fishing areas. deep water at low tide. you don't want to walk a mile from your car to the boat. good people around you. Remember once you use a slip you'll never go back to trailering again.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I used to trailer up until 3 years ago I got a slip. Although I enjoyed the mobility of trailering I'll never go back. Even though slipping means scrubbing and painting the bottom every year, worrying about your bilges pumps during heavy rainstorms, etc. It still beats the hassle of the ramp and all that goes along with that scene.

Anyhow, I'm in SIC and I love the location and Townsends Inlet is very convenient to my favorite ocean spots. There is not much fishing room for back bay fishing however. You can look for a private slip which usually are cheaper than marina's but may not have all the amenities like parking, bathrooms, showers, bait and tackle, etc.
I beleive marinas are more like 75 to 85 per foot in my area. And that's if you can get one.

I'd keep looking in those little newspapers down the shore like the Shoppe, Trading Post, and the Herald.

·
Registered
294 Posts
we went down to Bree Zee today and talked to Harry on the recommendation of a few barners. He's a good guy, talked to him a few minutes and put a deposit down on a slip for 05. Maybe going down there in person will help? He seemed to say hes loading up so he probably just wants to talk to people up front...good luck.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Hi Scott,
We have a couple of slips left. Stop by or give us a call. All slips have finger pier, water, and electricity. 609-884-7289

1 - 10 of 10 Posts