BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna put my boat on the mauice, looking for a easy to pull in and pull out slip. anyone have prices for a 25 Steiger Craft. thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey whats up swaby does popeyes have a slip thats easy in and out. How much do think they would be for a 25 ft stieger

·
Registered
58 Posts
Long reach is great too. The slips are nice and reasonably priced. The drive to it is a little shorter too. Captain Tim has put a lot of effort into the docks and the overall marina!!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Does Longreach have the same type of short finger piers that Port Norris has? I'm debating whether or not to put the boat back on the Maurice River or go back to Tuckerton.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Finger piers aren`t real long,7' ?
Yeah I don't understand that. They could have Finger docks go out to that pole at midship with a chain around it to slide up and down with the tide. Doing that would make tying up SOOOO much simpler, that is the biggest reason why I left the Maurice River in the first place. If I stay here on the Maurice, I'll need to find someplace that has long finger docks, or a place I can bed up side to. I know if I go back to Tuckerton, I'll be in a slip with a long finger dock, but the drive from Millville to Tuckerton to fish is gonna be tough.
Those short fingers just aren't safe for kids (In My Opinion) and a person like myself with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah I don't understand that. They could have Finger docks go out to that pole at midship with a chain around it to slide up and down with the tide. Doing that would make tying up SOOOO much simpler, that is the biggest reason why I left the Maurice River in the first place. If I stay here on the Maurice, I'll need to find someplace that has long finger docks, or a place I can bed up side to. I know if I go back to Tuckerton, I'll be in a slip with a long finger dock, but the drive from Millville to Tuckerton to fish is gonna be tough.
Those short fingers just aren't safe for kids (In My Opinion) and a person like myself with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I haven`t fished Tuckerton in years.How`s the fishing been there in the last couple of years ?? And is it worth giving up the bass fishing in the D.B in the fall ?? Is it worth the ride just to have a long finger pier ??:confused:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I haven`t fished Tuckerton in years.How`s the fishing been there in the last couple of years ?? And is it worth giving up the bass fishing in the D.B in the fall ?? Is it worth the ride just to have a long finger pier ??:confused:
I used to be in Tuckerton up until 2003 or so. Made the move to Port Norris when I moved to Millville to live. I was never happy there in PN, in the 12 yrs I was in Tuckerton, I never wrapped any ropes in my wheels, I had done it 4 different times in PN, and my wife almost fell off of those short fingers. I'd trade the Striper fishing, which I'm not all that good at anyways:huh:, to be able to hit the wrecks and reefs I am used to up off of Little Egg. I have a bit of time to figure it out, but I think if I stay down on the Maurice, I might go to BoatWorld.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I used to be in Tuckerton up until 2003 or so. Made the move to Port Norris when I moved to Millville to live. I was never happy there in PN, in the 12 yrs I was in Tuckerton, I never wrapped any ropes in my wheels, I had done it 4 different times in PN, and my wife almost fell off of those short fingers. I'd trade the Striper fishing, which I'm not all that good at anyways:huh:, to be able to hit the wrecks and reefs I am used to up off of Little Egg. I have a bit of time to figure it out, but I think if I stay down on the Maurice, I might go to BoatWorld.
It doesn`t matter where you go,JUST KEEP FISH`N..Good Luck and Be safe in the upcomming season..

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Why don't you try and get a side dock. I know popeyes and haases have a couple spots where you can dock sideways instead of bow\stern in. Also why not stern in with a gangway or some kind of plank? I know there's quite a few older gentleman and my marina and they're all stern in with a plank to hop the 2 or 3ft onto their boat. Just a couple things to consider. I don't think ill ever leave where I'm at

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
i know long reach has spots to dock alongside also. close to bay n good bait . in fact most of them are good .its a long ride to tuckerton from millvile when you have giant bay rite down the road . youll save a ton of money on gas and stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts