BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do after returning from a day on the water and find another boat in your slip. State Police won't touch it, local police can't do anything,and Coast Guard same.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would temporarily tie up and contact the owner of the Marina/slip. It may be a mix up where the guy has the slip numbers mixed up. Maybe his slip is open.

If no luck there, find any open slip, you already know the State Police, local police and Coast Guard won't be a problem.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I would talk to the Marina Owner, he or she is the authority at the dock. If the is another slip take it or move the offending boat into it. Just don't damage it, then real trouble can start.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
first you find the hottest compartment on the intruders boat then you get some real stinky bait and you, well maybe not. If nothing else leave a note and ask what happened, maybe just a short stop because of problems.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
MIGHT BE AN OLDER PERSON OR SOMEONE NOT GOOD WITH #'S AND WENT INTO THE WRONG SLIP... JUST GO THE OWNER AND FIND OUT AND IF THE OWNER ISN'T THERE JUST PULL YOUR BOAT IN SOMEPLACE AND CONTACT SOMEONE AT THE MARINA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, this was a Sunday nobody at marina. I did move it to another slip but never know if I'm doing same thing to someone else who is going to come back to same problem. It just amazes me that someone can dock in your slip and nobody wants to touch it for fear of reprisals. Talk to marina on Mon. they said same thing just put your boat in an empty one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts