BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
Geez.... it MUST be January :D

No disrespect my friend.... let's just say it is a "popular" winter web question.

Depends on where you are....

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I have seatow and they have been great so far. I have only used them twice in 10 or so years. I hope to never have to use them again but they great for peace of mind on the water.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have only had to be towed twice in 21 yrs of fishing out of Cape May. The first time I used SeaTow, paid for with Allstate Ins., in 1993. The other time was with BoatUS in 2001, with a BoatUS policy (which was cheaper than Allstate but covered much more). Had great service with both. I've stayed with BoatUS only because of the total package offered and am happy with it.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
I have always had Boat us ,thinking of changing over to Sea Tow ..Any opinion guys????? Thanks in advance,Earl
First of all, where do you do your boating? We have the largest towing fleet in the country, are rates are lower and BoatUS insurance has been in business for almost 70 years.

We both offer the same service. It really depends where you do your boating

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I have had Sea Tow forever. AT one point they were docked 100 yards away. Been towed in twice. Once at night when heading offshore and hit something that broke the drive shaft in my outdrive.
Second time was in the rips when my engine blew up.
What keeps me with Sea Tow is when my engine blew up, they took the boat from Wildwood to Sea Isle for repairs and I wasn't even there. They delivered it safe and sound.
I now trailer 100% and still have them, including the trailer package. As long as I have a boat I'll have Sea Tow.

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
Go with who ever is closer. We switched to BoatUS becasue we like Captain Phil..:D
Same here. Plus having the option of having 2 towing concerns is a good thing. I have been towed back by both companies and both are excellent. I have decided to go with Boat US now because I know Phil personally and they have a strong presence in my Cape May Cty. boating area. Plus they are a tad cheaper. In this day and age every little bit of savings does help. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Go with who ever is closer. We switched to BoatUS becasue we like Captain Phil..:D

I have Boat US Because I lkie Benny:razz::razz::razz:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First of all, where do you do your boating? We have the largest towing fleet in the country, are rates are lower and BoatUS insurance has been in business for almost 70 years.

We both offer the same service. It really depends where you do your boating
Run out of Shark River Inlet last couple years before moving up from Barneget

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have no experience with Boat US so this doesn't imply anything negative about them, I have had Sea Tow for 3 years Had to call twice last year and they were great very quick response and very professional. Got stuck in barnegat inlet once and though I got the hook down and holding I was about 100 ft from a bouy and right in line with it. They were on the scene within 5 minutes. also they cover my little jon boat for no extra charge.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i have seatow because i live and launch out of brigantine. capt. mclaughlin is a great capt and responds quickly. he even gave me some info over the phone when my motor sputtered out and that got me going again. but i would say go with whoever has the fastest response time. i guess the rates are pretty comparable.

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
But if you like Captain Phil and he comes out there might be a hottie mate in the boat with him.:D
Yes, I have seen her 'in tow' so to speak. Phil has good taste. I need to get her photo this summer sunbathing on the back of the boat. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got Sea Tow and I'm docked in Barnegat Light. Never been towed but I watched Sea Tow bring a boat into my marina. The marina has very little room to meneuver. The disabled boat was lashed to the side of the 25 foot Sea Tow CC and the captain swung it around and inserted it into the slip like a surgeon. I was in awe. It looks like they have newer equipment too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.