BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear the Guys forcasting winds on the boatersbox are smoking crack. If its more than 48hrs out its always 5-10knts then the next morning its 15-20. That site is full of Sh--!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Their forecast for AC Today was a HIGH of 41 and snow showers :eek:

Not that it was toasty on the beach today - but 41? I think not!

·
Registered
930 Posts
LOL. Let's put it this way gentlemen... Do you know what percentage of accuracy a weatherman has to achieve to be considered accurate in that industry???

....cue Jeopardy! music....

30%!!!

Yes, if they're correct 3 days out of 10 they are considered an accurate weatherman. In other words, they could just say partly cloudy w/ 5-10mph winds every single day, and make conservative guesses on temps, and they'd be accurate.

A buddy of mine used to be in the Coast Guard, and was stationed up in Newport, RI. Well the local weathermen and radio stations used to call them first thing in the morning for weather updates (why, I don't know). The CG boys finally got so sick of doing the weathermen's jobs for them they just started telling them outrageous reports. 40mph winds w/ gusts up to 60, 90% chance of severe showers with possible coastal flooding, etc etc. And low-and-behold, that's what you would see on TV and hear on the radio for the rest of the day... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The only time it would SNOW in AC when the air temp is 41* is when the ocean water is around 35*. We are nowhere near that yet. I can't believe they are forecasting that already. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts