BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you boaters tell me do I need a "boaters safety course" to use my 15ft boat in the back waters. I have all safety needs and lights. I want to try a dusk trip in the back waters behind Avalon and Sea Isle. I hope some one knows. Thanks

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
YES!!!!

Depending on your age...Don't know complete specs,but if your under 38yrs old you need one NOW!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that, but I "heard" the laws changed. Doesn't matter your age every one needs the course. Maybe just a rumor ?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Check my website. I have the breakdown of the new boating law as well as links into NJSP Marine Division.The law did change, no rumor. It goes in ten year increments as to who needs the cert. If you are under 38 years old now, you need the cert now. I have a course schedule posted on my site. You can email or call me if you need further help. Maria

[ 06-29-2006, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: onthebeach42 ]

·
Registered
243 Posts
I took the test on the first Saturday in May @ the State Police baricks near Folsom, I passed but some of the questions were not covered in the PDF guide. I am still waiting for my certification card in the mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts