BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You just sign him up for one of the boating safety classes. I was talking to one of the class guys at the show yesterday - He said for $75 a head and at least 8 people he will hold it in your house (I want my 13 and 15 year old to take the class this year and my nephew)- $65 if you go to one of their class locations. They hold them in your area at MT Holly Elks Club. Two Nights 7 to 10:30pm - If you want dates and contact info let me know.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Just got done running my John Deere tractor - I would say easily two plus feet of snow. How are you making out with this fun white stuff?

They dont have to wait till they are sixteen. Once they turn 13 they can run the 13 Whaler with a 9.9 on it as long as they have taken the safety course. When they turn 16 then they can run bigger or more HP. This is from NJ State Police site...

"There are two minimum ages, 13 years old for vessels powered by electric trolling motors, or vessels 12' or longer with less than 10 total HP.

Operators of all other power vessels, including personal watercraft, must be at least sixteen years old, this includes out-of-state residents."

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
When I was younger my dad bought a 28 Pacemaker - I loved driving twin inboards from the flying bridge - What a thrill for a teenager!

The dates for the class in Mt Holly right from their site - Coastboatingschool -
Mt. Holly Mt. Holly Elks Club March 10 (W) & 11 (Th) 7-10:30pm $65 877-BOAT SAFE Mt. Holly Mt. Holly Elks Club April 21 (W) & 22 (Th) 7-10:30pm $65 877-BOAT SAFE Mt. Holly Mt. Holly Elks Club May 26 (W) & 27 (Th) 7-10:30pm $65 877-BOAT SAFE Mt. Holly Mt. Holly Elks Club June 23 (W) & 24 (Th) 7-10:30pm $65 877-BOAT SAFE Mt. Holly Mt. Holly Elks Club July 21 (W) & 22 (Th) 7-10:30pm $65 877-BOAT SAFE Mt. Holly Mt. Holly Elks Club August 25 (W) & 26 (Th) 7-10:30pm $65 877-BOAT SAFE

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yes,good idea to have him get the certificate now. Call the Local Coast Guard Aux.and they have classes during the winter and spring.They all charge fee between 45 65 per person for a day class.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.