BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true while boating from the Jersey side into the delaware waters the boat needs a permit. I heard there were ruling changing. I no there are different size and limits. But I want to make sure before I venture out for the season. Once again thanks.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
If your on the Delaware side and fishing or have fish in the boat, you need a Delaware fishing permit and the fish need to comply with Delawares limits / size etc. Passing through, your fine. At least that's my understanding.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just another way too screw the little people. same body of water bordered by two states two different rules regulations. what next I think the fisherman are sandwiched in between arguments between the two states and end result we have to pay or play by two different set of rules.:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
513 Posts
To fish or possess fish in DE waters you need a DE fishing license. Furthermore, if you plan to use any of the public DE ramps, you either need a DE Boat Registration or a DE Ramp Permit. And you need to pay attention as to what is DE water vs NJ water. Up north, all of the water is in DE.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
dekarate said:
To fish or possess fish in DE waters you need a DE fishing license. Furthermore, if you plan to use any of the public DE ramps, you either need a DE Boat Registration or a DE Ramp Permit. And you need to pay attention as to what is DE water vs NJ water. Up north, all of the water is in DE.
how far up north?Above the entrance of the bay i hope:confused:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Reel-ality said:
That is a fishing license not a boating license, but give them time, DE seems to be in dire need of money.
Nope. Just an idea whose time has come for our state. There's only 13 coastal states left that don't require a SW license. You can bet yer bottom dollr that NJ is already considering the same. What would be helpful is they coordinate regs for the DE bay only, so there is no confusion as to the legality of fish or fishing method, or bag limit.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
dixie noormiss said:
Nope. Just an idea whose time has come for our state. There's only 13 coastal states left that don't require a SW license. You can bet yer bottom dollr that NJ is already considering the same. What would be helpful is they coordinate regs for the DE bay only, so there is no confusion as to the legality of fish or fishing method, or bag limit.
If NJ doesn't do it, the Feds will. We will all have to be registered in a few years. Federal Law.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
428 Posts
You are right the Feds will make sure you are on tap for some money.:cool:

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
I Feel Sorry For Our Kids.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How does the chesapeake work that do you need three permits . I think we should have a Delaware bay permit too unify fishing regulations and have license through standard fresh water saltwater and additional revenues should stay with in the parks and recreation/ wild life. Together Delaware and Newjersey can be stonger. :rolleyes: y.Coast guard will be all over the bay on this move nice work guys.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
HappyFlappy said:
how far up north?Above the entrance of the bay i hope:confused:
Do you go as far up as Ship John?If you do stay east of it.Lines of demarkasion dont come to NJ shores until your above Salem PSEG plant.My understanding is as long as you are in NJ waters you dont need no stinking DE license.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I was thinking about doing some drum fishing this year and slaughter beach area is suppose to be killer. So I was just thinking about heading over to anchor up for the night. But I guess there are other options like pin top . Are there any other hot spots for night time drummers.:confused: As always thanks again. You know years ago you never had all this b.s. I dont mind the sizes and limit changes but licenses in two states come on enough already.on one body of water how about a toll buoy.:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
upchuck said:
If your on the Delaware side and fishing or have fish in the boat, you need a Delaware fishing permit and the fish need to comply with Delawares limits / size etc. Passing through, your fine. At least that's my understanding.
I read on the Delaware website that you only need the license to fish in DE waters. I could launch my boat from a DE ramp and boat to the NJ side of the bay to fish and transport them back to the ramp and I would be OK as long as I didn't fish DE waters. I don't plan on doing it but apparently it would be legal.

·
Registered
822 Posts
BILLY P. said:
How does the chesapeake work that do you need three permits . I think we should have a Delaware bay permit too unify fishing regulations and have license through standard fresh water saltwater and additional revenues should stay with in the parks and recreation/ wild life. Together Delaware and Newjersey can be stonger. :rolleyes: y.Coast guard will be all over the bay on this move nice work guys.
Maryland and Virginia recognize each others licenses and they are also good for the Potomac river up to DC. (DC isn't about to do anything that makes sense)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Just buy the boat license and be done with it.
Thats what i did.
Get used to it, We'll be buying two of them every year real soon.:eek:

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Paul, hopefully it will only be one reciprocating between NJ and DE. I'm still wondering why it is taking so long on theirs(NJ), it's not like they didn't know about DE's.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Reel-ality said:
Paul, hopefully it will only be one reciprocating between NJ and DE. I'm still wondering why it is taking so long on theirs(NJ), it's not like they didn't know about DE's.
N.J. Late with everything,
Look what they almost did with the Tog situation. :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts