BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remeber at work some of the guys without i.d. would go to motor vehicles and get a boating license,which at the time required no coure,does that mean that all the drunks that lost there driving license for drinking and driving and went to get a boating license have a small loop hole for getting the license,or will they not be allowed to operate a boat when they go to renew it

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
the word boat on your license is "NOT" the same...boat on you r license IS a fee that allows you to operate on "non-tidal" or fresh waters.

The safety certificate is a different animal and now you can't even get boat on your license without presenting your safety certificate.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by Bay Point FlounderQueen:
Bay Point Marina & New Jersey State Police planning a boating safety course in April--more info to follow--2 night course @ $40.00 at the Cedarville Fire Hall.
New Jeresey State Police giving a free boating safety course. Bay Point Marina will host this course at the Cedarville Fire Hall for a $20.00 donation. It will be a two night course in April and you will go home with the certificate! Not positive of dates yet.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If anyone is interested, I'm doing a NJ Boating Safety class at West Marine (in Cape May - at the base of the bridge, on the parkway)on Saturday the 18th at 9AM. The class is about 6 hours with another hour for the test. You leave with your temp. cert. and receive the card in the mail from the State police. This class makes you legal on the waterways. If interested you can e-mail me at: [email protected] or call 609-425-9401.
I can run a class anywhere. If anyone is interested in putting a class together let me know.

[ 03-06-2006, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: FizzEd ]

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I also do classes and work for a company that does them all over the state and Pennsylvania.

You should check first with our BB sponsor Mariner's School but if they can't help you with a scheduled class or a private one...shoot me an e-mail.

Most of our classes in the Cape May area are through Cape Atlantic Community College for quality assurance...have a great summer!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does the state accept US Power Squadron course certificates for the endorsement?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would be interested in the course if I need to take another one. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My wife and I just registered for one in Woodbridge on March 19th... but the group running it has many locations. I could probably test out of it but she wants to take one and I'm going for moral support.

Heres a link to the site: http://njboatingsafetyclasses.com/

[ 03-08-2006, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: aftermath ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts