BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just pulled the filter screens to the compressor on the a 2011 optimax's with 500 hours.and here are some pics of what I found you might want to check it out.The most time consuming part was dropping the the lower cowling.if you have these engines you should really clean them, may save you a lot of money:).Since you already have the cowling down change the spark plugs those lower ones are real easy now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you using ethanol free gas? I have a 75hp Opti, never run anything but the ethanol free gas in it. No problems so far..

·
Registered
15,282 Posts
There are a few stations that have it around here but very few and it is ~15% more.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it has nothing to do with fuel. its the water intake to cool compressor.and if it is restricted caaaboom :mad:.your out a lot of money.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Is the hose you are pointing at where that strainer is? I have a 2001 merc, will add to the maint list this year.

just pulled the filter screens to the compressor on the a 2011 optimax's with 500 hours.and here are some pics of what I found you might want to check it out.The most time consuming part was dropping the the lower cowling.if you have these engines you should really clean them, may save you a lot of money:).Since you already have the cowling down change the spark plugs those lower ones are real easy now.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
follow the hose to bottom of the block its nylon fitting be careful not to strip.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
thanks, its on my list this year.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I'm going to check mine now too.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey dan I met u at the duke fluke with that pig flounder u had.. I have the end unit at sterling harbor.how is the striper fishin in the back im sure its real hot with the rats.cathing any big flatties up on those flats as a by catch:thumbsup:. they gotta be there. gonna bring the yak down next week and start wackin those stripers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts