BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, the wife, friends Tom & Karen hit the boca pier for some easy fishing. Caught 3 nice sheepshead, plenty swimming around the pilings but would not bite. Castnetted some big mullet, cut some up and threw out a couple of shark poles. Hour later my dawia sounds off, 100lb power pro peeling off the reel, hour half later 7ft+ bullshark on top, could not get on the pier, cut line, released for another day, 200lb?, had a 3ft girth nice shark

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Nice! The girls went to Boca Beach today while the guys went fishing in the harbor (didn't get much, windy). What part of PC are you from? I'm off Edgewater.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Nice bull.... kind of makes you want to take dip when it gets hot... doesn't it? :eek:

I am FINALLY leaving Boca Raton this weekend for the west coast. I know, I should not complain that I get to spend some time down here in the winter but these.... are not my people. And without a boat, the fishing here sucks.

Off to St Pete beach for a little over a week to wade the flats in Ft DeSoto and steal my sisters skiff to chase Reds and trout on the flats in the back... have been looking forward to this for a month!

As for Boca, Delray, and Deerfield..... SEE YA! :wave:

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
My inlaws live in Venice . Going down this Friday...can't wait! I do a lot of lake fishing with my son...there are bass all over the place. Lots of fun for him!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Nice bull.... kind of makes you want to take dip when it gets hot... doesn't it? :eek:

I am FINALLY leaving Boca Raton this weekend for the west coast. I know, I should not complain that I get to spend some time down here in the winter but these.... are not my people. And without a boat, the fishing here sucks.

Off to St Pete beach for a little over a week to wade the flats in Ft DeSoto and steal my sisters skiff to chase Reds and trout on the flats in the back... have been looking forward to this for a month!

As for Boca, Delray, and Deerfield..... SEE YA! :wave:
Caught some big trout by Ft Desoto - good luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boca

Nice! The girls went to Boca Beach today while the guys went fishing in the harbor (didn't get much, windy). What part of PC are you from? I'm off Edgewater.
I am at south gulf cove, off gasparilla road, I have been here about ayear and a half now. Love it down here, but I do miss striper fishing in SJersey, We almost bought a house off edgewater, The father inlaw lives off edge water, to long a ride by boat to the harbor. Takes me about 10 min by boat to the harbor through the lock.Do alot of pier and beach fishing also. The big sharks are rolling in early this year. if you would like to hook up give me a [email protected]:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I am at south gulf cove, off gasparilla road, I have been here about ayear and a half now. Love it down here, but I do miss striper fishing in SJersey, We almost bought a house off edgewater, The father inlaw lives off edge water, to long a ride by boat to the harbor. Takes me about 10 min by boat to the harbor through the lock.Do alot of pier and beach fishing also. The big sharks are rolling in early this year. if you would like to hook up give me a [email protected]:thumbsup:
Looks like we've got the makings of a BASSBARN SOUTH. I'm just south of Englewood/Grove City off Placida Road at the south end of Lemon Bay, 4 miles north of the Boca Grande Causeway.

Catch 'em up!

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
We almost bought a house off edgewater, The father inlaw lives off edge water, to long a ride by boat to the harbor. Takes me about 10 min by boat to the harbor through the lock.
Takes me about 10 minutes also, no lock. I'm familiar wit SGC, looked there when I bought 3 yrs ago, very nice but I didn't want to deal with the lock and the HOA.

We'll all have to get together some day, seems like a lot of barners are moving south...we'll need our own forum here soon :D.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
The Ft Desoto flats are my first stop every day when I am down. Will be there next Monday thru Sunday at sunrise and sunset.... can't wait!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man this brings back memories. I lived in rotonda and went to lemon bay high school. Fished that pier a lot. Did some fishing and shrimping off that pier. Even caught scorpions at night there they would come out of the cracks of the pier at night. Me and a couple friends would sometimes camp in the old building at the end off the pier and just fish all night it was pretty cool doing that stuff as a teen.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts