BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen heaven on earth, better than Captiva for sure. Did some flats fishing scored some reds, snook at night as well. Had a dolphin put it's snout right on the transom, just unbelievable !!!
Crystal clear water. Anyone who goes to Florida yearly put this place on your list.
Unfortunately NO tarpon, got rained on 4 boats all skunked. Going back real soon, closer drive than I thought.
Enjoy some back bay and Pass photos

Take care

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
DB- I fished out of Boca Grande this March and I fell in love with the town also. It had a real good feel and the waters around there were awesome. I want to go back this summer and Tarpon fish- we'll see. Why was there no tarpon caught? Aren't the in yet?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very nice snook are for sure pelntifull over there. The warm water stripe for sure.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dunno know man. Trust me when I tell ya we had the best known guides around, about 700 hundred a boat, nationally known marina out of the Gasparilla Inn. Front came through, got rained on, I floated a crab for 4 hours, not one hit. Guide said this week to the next are the best. Still had a great time, just an awesome place

Snookmaster and I are heading back real soon, plus I have a keys trip in June. Don't worry , I will post a big Tarpon soon

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by snookmaster:
Very nice snook are for sure pelntifull over there. The warm water stripe for sure.
I need you for luck

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Are you talking Boca Grande Pass?? An absolutely beautiful area with a fascinating history of the railroads transporting phosphate to the Gulf. Lots of multi-million dollar homes once you cross the toll bridge. I understand that the peak of tarpon fishing in the Pass is May/June. With the Pass being so narrow, it probably gets more crowded than the Rips, Shoe, or Tusseys at the height of striper season.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yea we both seem to land into some monsters when we are together.So hold on to your socks because Weds is coming real soon and I've got that itch. :D :D

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea we both seem to land into some monsters when we are together.So hold on to your socks because Weds is coming real soon and I've got that itch. :D :D
Good

The Cobia will be gald to see us

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yep their tales will be hanging low when we come drifting over.. :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bet water temp should be around mid 70s for sure. Clarity should be much better as well. It's time for some serious action in our waters now and I say it is about time.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bet water temp should be around mid 70s for sure. Clarity should be much better as well. It's time for some serious action in our waters now and I say it is about time.
70's for sure

We need to dedicate ourselves to getting some pinfish

Gotta be a place closer we can load up. I say straight to the bridge or dock lights

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree for sure sounds like a plan.I'm hoping the bait shack or the other will have some big shrimp as well. I called them Sat and they had good ones then.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree for sure sounds like a plan.I'm hoping the bait shack or the other will have some big shrimp as well. I called them Sat and they had good ones then.
High tide at 7pm at the bridge

Just might have some good conditions

PINNNNNFISH and Noceums :D

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Doc,

Glad to see you got your trip in. Too bad about the tarpon. But, you are definitely in a dream area.

I had carpal May 4, stitches out May 12. Asked my doc if I could fish this past weekend, he said no. I know why, since I tried more than I should have over the weekend. Maybe this weekend.

Good luck on Wednesday---I'll look for the post and pix! :D :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts