BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here of the head boats targeting the Macks this spring? (any inlet)
Wouldn't mind having my nine year old, see some action.

We loaded up on those "Holy Fish" every good friday when I was young.
Just don't hear about the run like I used to fifeteen, twenty years ago!

Made for great chum.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I always wonder the same thing each spring and with a 10 year old hope they return. I read an interesting research paper that shows how the overall change in coastal temperatures (warming) have caused a shift in the migratory and wintering locations. From the paper it seems they stay far north of their historic wintering grounds off the Delmarva. I was hoping that this cold winter might return things to the old days but I have not heard/read of any being caught. I even emailed a few of the tog charter guys to see if they saw any (they described life whales/birds) which in the past would have meant mackeral but I think they only found herring. Maybe some day our sons will get to experience what I foundly remember from my childhood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Must've read my mind. It has been at least 15 years since I had a good day on the Macks. Last time was on the Doris Mae out of Barnegat Light. Would love to have my son have a day like that. Great bait, but I like 'em in the smoker or in chowder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.