BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

-------------------------------------------------

[ 08-01-2005, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
426 Posts
I guess this should be in offshore posts, but the Capt Robbins has had very good Sea Bass and Fluke catches the past 3 days with good drifting conditions when afternoon breezes pick up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
We fished OC Sat. and intended to work the OC reef. The fog kept us inside where we fished Rainbow & off Dog Beach. In all I believe we got 5 or 6 short fluke to 14". We did have fluke at both areas. We had several skates in Rainbow and Dog Beach. The GE Inlet had all smooth doggies.
When it cleared a little we ran to the Stone Beds to drag some hoochies around. Not a hit. Saw quite a few Dolphin pods through out the afternoon. Seas were 2' with a nice breeze

·
Registered
311 Posts
I still cannot catch a fluke at the old grounds.

Everyone else on the Gold Rush did, but I didn't.

My daughter got one 5.35 on my rod.

Altogether about a dozen keepers were caught, my daughter had three of them, and her cousin had probably ten fish with about 4-5 keepers.

A really fun day in spite of the weather.

I'll hear about this one for the next 20 years. :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
fished general area around the stink house and inlet. managed 9 throw back flatties upto 14" around stink house. all but 1 was caught in 9'-12' of water. the loner was in 24' of water.

bait was plain undressed hook with killie

·
Registered
701 Posts
Fished the stakes in great bay. A buddy and I caught about 15 to 20, all short fluke except for one at 16 1/2. Worse than last year so far.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fished the back bars in Great bay between the islands by the factory. last 3 days 3 tides incomming and outgoing--3 people easily boated over 80 fluke--only 12 were in the box--never saw so many small--small fluke bomb with blue strip and spearing with live minnow off three way or custom rig-great-- action but all small--NG

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Fished Great Bay Saturday and Sunday. Not many throw backs or keepers but did mange 3 keepers Saturday on the outgoing and two Sunday on the outgoing as well. On of the fish Sunday was a nice 23.5 incher. I am thinking maybe its time to head out front. Bait was white grub tipped with spearing.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
crabbed Saturday 15 keepers in about an hour then wreck fished saturday afternoon out front of TI, seabass,tog and porgies then fished saturday night into sunday morning at a strathmere sod bank, highlights were a huge, close to six foot shark, might have been a brown and a large striper lost at the boat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fished the OC area Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off shore. The total keeper count for this period of time was one flounder. Even out at the GE reef, had numerous throw backs. The total count of fish caught for the weekend was in the hundreds. This is the worst year I have ever had for flounder fishing. I hope it is not just me?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
went out to garden state reef s on 7/6 and got sharks, skates, sea robins and shorts. no drift for most of the day. slow trolling stopped the trash types but produced only shorts. nice day but hot out there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.