BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

-------------------------------------------------

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, Here is A Fluke/Flounder to start the month off.

Wayne D 14lb 4oz Squid/Killie Combo on a Squid Wiggle Rig caught Saturday just south of Barnegat Inlet...

Photo Coutesty of Jersey Coast Bait & Tackle

[ 09-04-2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
615 Posts
Fished inside in the Corson' Inlet area the last several weeks. Keepers seem to be few and far between. Averaging about one to 20 throwbacks. Seems most report catching the keepers on the outside. Need to get a bigger boat! Anyone else doing anything else inside?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hehe, ya, I'm pretty close w/ the guys at JCBT and I saw that pic at their shop. Couldn't believe my eyes!

Fished the Manasquan Inlet today on the wall from 7:30-12:00. Bite was off for the most part due to a stiff current, but once the tide died for about 30min things picked up and the bite was on. Got 5 shorts, and that was more than anyone else around me. Only saw 2 keepers caught. There were a TON of stargazers being caught up and down the wall. Dunno what was going on w/ that. One was about 3lbs. One interesting thing, one of the fluke I got had a HUGE bite taken out of it, and it looked pretty fresh. It had to have either come from a BIG blue, or a small shark, based on the bite radius. The fluke didn't seem to mind at all though. He fought well and then swam away w/ no problem when released. Was a trip to see though. Another time I snagged some line stuck on a rock, managed to get loose and bring the line in w/ me. Much to my surprise there was a fluke on a hook on the broken line!!! Was almost a keeper too at 16". Wonder how long he was sitting down there waiting to get "unstuck" (lol). Was severly gut hooked though and I wasn't going to attempt to get the hook out. Cut the line close to his mouth and wished him well

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
A friend and I fishied Saturday 9/3 out of Belmar. The morning conditions were nice with a drift of just over one knot. We found an nice drift that started to produce some. As the tide died so did the fishing. We were into the skates and doggies good until we did some bump drifting whick helped to put a couple of fish in the box. All our live bait went untouched for most of the day. Smelt and Squid combo was the best.
Final tally was 8 for 10 on fluke up to 8.5 pounds and some blues to make it interesting.

[ 09-06-2005, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: TSStriper ]

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
wed sept 9th jigged hopkins shorty in sandy hook bay had over 50 spike weakfish up to 19 inches and four keeper fluke plus many short fluke and one 9 pound blue.just follow birds and schools of peanut bunker which are every where.ekim

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
fished 9/13 out of little egg inlet. total 16 fluke(2 people on boat) w/ around 10 throwbacks, lots of nice seabass. drift died around noon so we trolled in 70'of water and got some tiny 10" albies and some nice blues in the 8lbs range.

·
Registered
897 Posts
hit the sod bank holes today at low and wooped up on some tog and sea bass.lots of throw backs,but fish are there.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
dirtydigger88, where are those sod bank holes at? Like to check that out. Thanks. Capt.Matt.

·
Registered
897 Posts
went again at low and this time no sea bass.just tog.kept one at 7 lbs.lots of small guys tho.when current started moving bite stopped.
Maritime-if your in Mystic,your close.put some time in closer to the inlet.walk along banks feeding a sinker over to find the holes. used 1 oz slidding egg sinker,16in leader to #2 hook and used greenies dug up from the sod banks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Originally posted by dirtydigger88:
went again at low and this time no sea bass.just tog.kept one at 7 lbs.lots of small guys tho.when current started moving bite stopped.
Maritime-if your in Mystic,your close.put some time in closer to the inlet.walk along banks feeding a sinker over to find the holes. used 1 oz slidding egg sinker,16in leader to #2 hook and used greenies dug up from the sod banks.
DIRTYDIGGER88, WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GET THOSE GREENIES. I'M ASSUMING YOU GET THEM AT LOW TIDE ON THE EDGE OF THE BANK USING A PITCHFORK. THANKS

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks for the info.We'll be doing some searchin.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Originally posted by It,s Gittin Deep:
The best way to catch green crabs is at night.use a flash light and walk saltponds on bay front.lots of them.
THANKS FOR THE INFO. WILL HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY. I'VE SEEN ON ANOTHER POST THAT YOU LIKE TO GET THOSE COD. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR HOW YOU MAKE OUT ON THOSE TRIPS. I MIGHT CATCH A FEW COD MYSELF NEXT WEEK, UP IN MAINE ON THE BUNNY CLARK. THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
897 Posts
i just walk the banks at low and lift up sod with hands.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts