BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

-------------------------------------------------

*One week left in the 2005 Summer Fluke/Flounder Season. It closes Columbus Day Mon.10/10/05.

I would like to note that I am still catching Fluke in the Surf.Yesterday I was fishing and caught(2)Fluke, one 14" and the other 15" that
hit a big glob of clam that they could of choked on... Go Figure..

Blackfish/Tog were also very evident yesterday off the jetties. I saw a few nice one's in the 5-6lb ranged caught...

So if your into bottom dwellers your season is still very much alive...

Good Luck and Have A Great Month....

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Some sod banks in Tuckerton have Blackfish. Been there the past two sundays and each time scored well. My buddy got one that was 4lbs or so yesterday. Best time of the yr to get out and bay fish for them. Dont even really needa boat.

Ryan

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ryan for that report..

Like I said still some bottom feeders being caught check out these recent catches..

Bob Gill 7.9lb-23: Tautog

Tom Jordan 2.9lb-18" & 2.6lb-16" Black Sea Bass

Sam Berg 5.7lb-24: Fluke

Don Hildreth 9.4lb-28" Fluke

Way To Go Guys !!!!

Photo's courtesy of Scott B&T

[ 10-04-2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
930 Posts
Did some Blackfishing today from the Pt. Pleasant jetty w/ a friend. Fished from 7:00-1:00 and brought approximately 20 Blacks to hand, losing probably 6 more than were on the hook (and of course numerous hits that didn't get a set). My friends probably had closer to 25-30 by the time I left, and he was staying on until dark. Kept a 15.5" 2.7lb brute that I had to drag back out from under a rock. If it were after the limit increase I would've been able to keep the full 8 as at least 10 of my 20 were keepers. Was a good morning with perfect fishing weather (rain, high winds, waves crashing on us on the rocks
).

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Good Catch. Should stay like this with the blackfish for another month or so. The big guys should move in sometime soon too. Cant wait to get out and try agian.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hit the jetty again, only ONE FRICKEN BLACKFISH! Eesh. Water was chocolate milk once the outgoing tide started. Figures the one I got was only 13.5", and I got him on the FIRST CAST. Then I stayed for another 5 hours of nada... :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.