BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are offering great Pricing on Soda Blasting and bottom Painting for this spring.
I will beat any price for soda blasting without the need to call around and get quotes.

I offer pick up and deliver of your boat for free(within cape may county)
if you decide to have me blast your boat. That way there is no hassle with marinas or neighbors.
Or I can come directly to you or your marina.

There is no mess left behind and everything is contained. We only use soda to remove bottom paint,
to ensure there is no damage done to gel coat, and to insure no contamination to the area.

We also offer Primer and bottom painting with our service. Tune ups, detailing, and light mechanical services.

Give me a call to discuss what options can be done.

609-496-4224
Jersey Coast Blasting

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Phone has been ringing, We are starting to book up little by little. Give me a call. I can pick up and drop off the boat, or come to you...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a 26' Regulator we pulled down to primer and most of it wasn't bonded to hull. Perfect sign that hull wasn't prepped right for the barrier/ Primer coat. Needless to say the paint was applied after the primer had dried. Very easy to tell what happened when blasting off layer at a time.

Here is what the big Bag looks like we make to contain all the paint dust and soda while blasting. This was a 29' Pheonix we blasted at Schooner Island in Wildwood.

Schedule is starting to get booked up. Give us a call and we can figure out when is a good time to refinish your boat!!!

609-496-4224

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back up top. Got some openings in the schedule for the upcoming weeks. Give us a call

i will knock 10% off quote until the end of May!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will be in the Somers Point area this coming week, if anyone wants to schedule.

609-496-4224

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our New shop has a Air filtration system. Bring the boat to my shop for a cheaper price, and there is no mess on boat, outside or anything.... Nice and simple!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back up top for the guys thinking about removing bottom paint this fall. Give me a call for pricing or to book up a day to redo your bottom!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 17 ft boston whaler looking to get blasted and painted this fall. Can you sent me a quote?
The boat is in Brigantine, can bring it to you.
You can reach me at [email protected] aol.com, or 302 250- 5425
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are starting to book for this fall. Blasting, painting, winterizations and shrink wrapping. Also offer winter storage in our secure yard!!!!

Give me a call and we can set any work up!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back up top. I can pull your boat blast the bottom, paint and winterize it. Or anything in between. Plenty of space at our new shop and fenced in secure storage yard.

Check cj us out on Facebook
At Jersey coast blasting! Or our other business

The Trailer Shop. We offer parts and service to all kinds of trailers and we are a Venture and Load Rite dealer.
Call me for trailer quotes or repair estimates

609-496-4224
AJ Andre

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been getting a few requests about blasting paint off of boats that will be trailered or lift kept. Here lies the problem. When your boat was first painted, if done correctly, they rough sanded the gel coat so the primer had a good surface to adhere to. The soda blast process will always leave a rough finish on the gel coat as well.

So even if you use a chemical stripper your still going to have a very rough surface left.

I would recommend to return to the smooth glossy finish from factory, is to blast off all the bottom paint and prep and spray the hull with a white imron or comparable paint. That or blast bottom and do one thin coat of vivid white or any color bottom paint to seal the gel coat and have a smooth finish.

With thy the paint booth in my shop any of this is possible for me to do. I prefer imron paint compared to other brands for the toughness and ease of use. Plus the paint shines for years with little maintenance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the summer season is coming to an end fast. We are at the shop now 9-5, Monday through Friday and sat and Sunday on appointment. Stop by or give us a call for any blasting or refinishing you might be thinking about.

Running a special on fall boat blasting at the shop and discounted bottom painting as well. Don't wait to save some $$$$ on blasting/stripping your boat bottom or engine bracket!!!!

301 north railroad ave
rio grande nj 08242

609-496-4224

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Get on the list now, we are booking up for Oct, and Nov. Still plenty of open days to get your boat blasted!!!!! Cheaper rates for jobs done at my shop, but we are fully ready to come to you as well if needed...

609-496-4224

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is 1st coat of Micron CSC. We are putting on the second coat in pic.

Tape is still on in the first 2 , but we straightened the water line so visually it looks a lot better. Tape is off on the last pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Blasting a Trailered Boat

I have been getting a few requests about blasting paint off of boats that will be trailered or lift kept. Here lies the problem. When your boat was first painted, if done correctly, they rough sanded the gel coat so the primer had a good surface to adhere to. The soda blast process will always leave a rough finish on the gel coat as well.

So even if you use a chemical stripper your still going to have a very rough surface left.

I would recommend to return to the smooth glossy finish from factory, is to blast off all the bottom paint and prep and spray the hull with a white imron or comparable paint. That or blast bottom and do one thin coat of vivid white or any color bottom paint to seal the gel coat and have a smooth finish.

With thy the paint booth in my shop any of this is possible for me to do. I prefer imron paint compared to other brands for the toughness and ease of use. Plus the paint shines for years with little maintenance.
I'm one of the trailered guys with a painted bottom...I have two questions:
1-If I have it painted can you get close to the Grady White (Off White) Color?

2-I have let the bottom paint wear over time. There are fairly large sections that have NO bottom paint left. These below water sections are as shiny and smooth as the hull above the water line. If the hull was not initially sanded, will the blasting itself rough-up the gelcoat?

Thanks GOA

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I'm one of the trailered guys with a painted bottom...I have two questions:
1-If I have it painted can you get close to the Grady White (Off White) Color?

2-I have let the bottom paint wear over time. There are fairly large sections that have NO bottom paint left. These below water sections are as shiny and smooth as the hull above the water line. If the hull was not initially sanded, will the blasting itself rough-up the gelcoat?

Thanks GOA
Being that most of the paint is falling off, I would say the best thing to do is to use a chemical to strip the rest.

No matter what, the soda blasting will leave a rough texture on the hull, even if I wet blast it with soda water mix.

We could match the color as close as possible but it will never end up the same exact color. The gel coat fades at different rate then the paint and I would recommend Imron, and with that there is only so many color choices.

Depending on how much paint is flaked off now. It sounds your best bet would be a chemical to remove the rest. Compound and polish the hull back up to a glossy finish as long as it wasn't sanded down when the first primer was applied.

Give me a call or send me some pics and we can talk more in options

Thanks
Aj
609-496-4224

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Being that most of the paint is falling off, I would say the best thing to do is to use a chemical to strip the rest.

No matter what, the soda blasting will leave a rough texture on the hull, even if I wet blast it with soda water mix.

We could match the color as close as possible but it will never end up the same exact color. The gel coat fades at different rate then the paint and I would recommend Imron, and with that there is only so many color choices.

Depending on how much paint is flaked off now. It sounds your best bet would be a chemical to remove the rest. Compound and polish the hull back up to a glossy finish as long as it wasn't sanded down when the first primer was applied.

Give me a call or send me some pics and we can talk more in options

Thanks
Aj
609-496-4224

Why not just soda blast back to gel the entire bottom and use Pettit Vivid bottom paint. That paint comes in colors and can be mixed to get different shades.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts