BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Tog/SeaBass
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fished in back of Sea Isle Friday, caught 27 Fluke 0 keepers. Still was a great day on the water and beats working any day. Spearing was the bait of choice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
P.S. ? To all you guys keeping the shorts, watch your back. Fish & Game commission was out in full force this weekend. I heard quite a few horror stories.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Fished off the beach a few miles north of Shark River on the 3rd. Jill and I picked thru 34 fluke to get 4 nice sized keepers. Seemed as though the bigger fish were in 15-20' of water. Used high-low rigs with killies and squid strips. More boats on the ocean than I've ever seen before, but everyone was displaying a good dose of common courtesy. All in all a very good day.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Got out Sat and Sun in Great Bay fished the area known as the clam stakes. I only fished about 3 hours at the end of the incoming each day. 4 keepers Sat with a boat load of throw backs, and Sunday was more of the same only 3 keeepers! Bait was minnows they didn't even touch the squid! I think I am going to quit bringing it!

·
Registered
20,185 Posts
Fished today. Absecon inlet.

28 Fluke.....0 keepers

Still a great day.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Fished Sunday 7/4 Paddy's Hole; 24 throwbacks, 2 keepers 17". Seemed like every time my hooks hit the bottom there was a hit. Used minnows on top and bottom rigs. Went back Monday, 7/5, same place, nada - couldn't lose a bait. Went to daymark 402 and fished around Oldman's Creek, squid and minnows on a tandem rig; 3 throwbacks and 1 keeper 19". All times were around high tide. Back bay has been picks for me and very much inconsistent. Best I've done there so far this year was three keepers on one trip; spent 6 hours and tried many locations to get that. Biggest I've gotten was 20",3lbs.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
went behind OC at 400 pulled boat at 530. Boated 20 with one keeper 24". lost more than we boated. All on searobin fillets wouldn't touch squid or minnow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fished out of Barnegat today just me and the wife and caught ten keeper fluke, five outside of IBSP in 55 to 60 foot of water, and five inside the inlet with the out going tide. Lots of skates outside and sea robins inside.

·
Registered
653 Posts
7/7 Fished backbays Somers point and Margate catching 15 and only 1 keeper. Greenheads and grass were easier to find. Took ride out to Sea Isle Lump and nothing but skates and robins. Water was like Florida, you could see the bottom in 28 feet on the lump.

·
Registered
453 Posts
went out thurs afternoon hightide with some wind. my 3 boys,wife and my self caught 68 flounder with 19 keepers up to 7 lbs in 4 hours. all caught on minnows with either a gold hook or a green floating jig head.

·
Registered
453 Posts
came back today after fishing2 hours with the boys had 7 flounder with only 2 keepers up to 18.5, had some boat trouble so deceided to bring it in for a check up. all fish caught on squid and flounder bellies. forgot the minnows today.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yesterday, I was supposed to going party boat fluking on the Miss LBI. I got up too late and while cruising down the parkway decided to go to Atlantic Highlands. Went out on the Sea Hunter, my first time on this boat. I have heard nice things about the boat, captain and crew. From the first moment that they even said hi, you could tell that they were good people and that it was to be a good day. This captain works hard to put you on fish! In the beginning of the day, I couldn't buy a fish, while every rental rod around me was landing short after short. I was buck-tailing and just couldn't get the swing of things. The one man, Chris, was talking about fishng buck-tails and made a suggestion... just a little more snap... 11 fish later, two keepers and the pool winner! Thanks for a nice day on the water! I'm not aware if the boat advertises here... and if they don't, I hope that I am not breaking protocol, but... its a great boat to try.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hi All,

Here's a fishing report from my son Matthew(9 yrs old). We fished the area around Kennedy Park in Somers Point. Take it away Matt:

"we caught 3 bluefish, 2 we kept, the other one got off. we caught 1, 19" flounder, and 7 throw backs. and one sea robin and a sea bass."

Matt has never eaten fish before, so Sat night, we will cook the Blue and Fluke on the grill.

Al

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Took another trip north. Saw pilot whale working bunker right off beach in Ventnor. Snagged a couple bunker but since we were not in kayak ...no stripers. Got some bunker for crab trap instead.
Water was magnificient , could see bottom in 18 ft. a mile off beach. Could see bunker too , Jacque Too Tight would have loved this water. Makes me almost wanna go get the Aqua-view underwater camera. But I know soon as I buy one ,the water will cloud up again.
Ended up at tire reef and got 7 keeper flatties and Midnight Dan got a 27 incher.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Out this past Thursday behind OC ...31 fluke ...ZERO keepers.

MOST nearby boats that I saw were keeping shorts. As a matter of fact everytime we saw someone in another boat catch a short and release it we were very surprised as most went into the cooler.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Beautiful day Saturday! I had a couple chores to do on the boat, but got out for an hour just before high tide. I tried the GE inlet..there were a few boats out at the bell, so I gave that a shot. Nothing. I ran back inside and picked up 5 shorts in about 1/2 hr. in 6' to 8' of water. Most fish were nice size, but short. The water was gin clear. Just nice to be on the water.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts