BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel Free To Post Your Fluke/Flounder/Tog
Reports.As Little or As Much Info that you like..
So Catch That Drift or Anchor Up Its Bottom
Dweller Season- Good Luck Out There....

--------------------------------------------------

Wow, Last Week of Fishing Before Memorial Day
Weekend,When The Challenge Really Begins with
That Many More Boats on the Water....
I might be making my first attempt at these
Flatfish this coming Weekend,Will See....
EveryOne Have A Great Week and Holiday.....
Cath'Em Up..............

·
Registered
86 Posts
First bottom dweller blood of the season! my first trip with the boat to the ocean city back bay. fished the out going for 2 1/2 hours caught abunch of skates and a 2ft shark and finally went 1 for 1 with a 20.5" 2.5 pound flounder, caught on a squid strip.

[ 05-24-2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Penn Reeler ]

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Fished GB last Sunday. Finally got rid of the skunk. Caught 4 keepers, 5 throwback fluke. Not much size, biggest fluke was 3 lbs. Caught all fish in 5-7 feet of water. Checked the bellies and they all had grass shrimp.

water clarity - clear
backbay temp - 70
killie and squid
white/green bucktail
bobber w/shad dart
last of high tide, first hour of low

Ton of Gnats, gnats, gnats. They where out in full force. Thank god for Deet.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Almost a copied report here. Fished GB last Sunday. Two of us caught 3 keepers, 7 throwback fluke. Not much size, biggest fluke was 17 inches. One bluefish. Caught the keepers in 5-7 feet of water. Checked the bellies and they all had grass shrimp.

Tin shad darts, some with bobber and a couple crazy spiner flounder rigs.

Out of tin darts - Who sells them?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Fished behind OC Monday afternoon.

Fished with my brother from Boca, and my serious fluke fishing friend, Philly Dave.

Threw everything at them, went to all the spots, and came up with very little.

2 keepers, 4 throwbacks, 3 blues.

It has been a tough spring.

On the other hand; great company, great weather. It would be nice to have some fish though.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Went out on Sat & Sun all around Absecon. Worked the inconing & outgoing, 8:30 to 6:30pm. Got two shorts & one 18 1/2 keeper.Sun one short. Don't know why they aren't there? Got the keeper on buck tail/herring/minnow.Empty stonach. Will be back out next weekend

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Went out last Sunday and got 3/4 of a Jersey slam, needed a bluefish. 2 fluke ( 1 keeper), a 25" striper, 3 more fluke (another keeper), and a small weakie. All caught on the fluke drift. Went out last week, got 4 short fluke and a 26" striper (on the drift). I was using smackeral with and without minnows, white bucktail on one pole, hook and weight on the other. Taking a couple guys from work out Thursday after work, I'll give a report.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Went out tuesday in the back of OC. 8 throwbacks and 1 keeper. all on killie and squid combo.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
went out friday behind OC and only had one short. first time back there for a while. didn't really see anyone else catching real good but talked to an old guy at the dock and he said he had 5 keepers and like 30 throwbacks. next time i think i am going to follow him!

·
Registered
528 Posts
the flounder are nowhere to be found, but the tog are everywhere.

hit a bridge and throw some fiddlers at them. been catching them like crazy.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Tried some of the looking-good-smelling -good herring strips on the way home. About 1 hour 1/2. 15-20 feet, good tide, 2 ounce buck with a dart/shiner teaser. NADA, none seen caught. Started to look like a regatta, so I left

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Went behind sic/oc on sat. we had 6 shorts . they hit mackeral on small bucktails.some spots had more weed then others,water temp 67-69."still beats workin"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts